Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Rough water Deckboat.

BOBALOO
    I know this might fit better in Cats& Tunnels but who has experience with using a performance deckboat 24-28' in typical Havasu weekend chop.
    Is the ride smooth like a normal tunnel ?
    Does water come over the front and rush to the back?
    and has this happened to you?
    Would you feel more comfortable (less likely to sink in rough water) in a 25' vee or the deckboat?
    When it is cold do you use your boat even though there is nothing blocking the wind?
    Thanks for answering some or all of these questions.

CARGUY
    I do not own one but have driven the Conquest in very rough Havasu chop and it was fine. Took no water over the front, ran about 65-70 right across the top of the chop and was very stable.
    I almost bought one but wanted a cuddy, and a deeper boat for the kids.
    Have several friends that have Daytonas and Deck boats and the only time they are not fun is in real high wind driven swells, but are awesome, stable boats for everyday Havasu chop.
    Good luck!!!

OutCole'd
    I have a 28' Magic Deck and have had it in the Havasu chop with no problem at all. Boat seems to run better in 12" + of chop. I have never had waves splash over the bow swim plat form either.
    I was out there a few months ago when a 10-12 boats went down, and did fine.

welk2party
    Never had a problem. Felt safe and secure. I have been in Havasu the last stoem that sank boats and we were all fine. I have been on Lake Mead in a bad storm in 3 to 4 foost swells and a boat full of people and no one complained. I have years of driving experience though. The only time my boat took on water was when my father in law was driving and speared another wave.

beer hunter
    Originally posted by OutCole'd
    I have a 28' Magic Deck and have had it in the Havasu chop with no problem at all. Boat seems to run better in 12" + of chop. I have never had waves splash over the bow swim plat form either.
    I was out there a few months ago when a 10-12 boats went down, and did fine.
    I remember that storm.
    http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data...va_Storm55.JPG

revpuffdaddy
    I just spent last Friday (7/16) through (7/18) on Havasu and Friday, (7/16) a storm blew in from the south end of the lake. I drove right into 4' & 5" chop at 40mph to 45mph and never even had has much as a drop come into the boat. We drove past several vee bottoms that were getting pounded! I am very happy with my Conquest Top Cat II deck boat.
    Hope this helps!

BOBALOO
    Thanks for the replies, I was out in Havasu the week or two before the big storm and the rough water got me thinking.
    does the deck drain into the engine compartment?

Ivan Dan
    We were out on Easter weekend when it was SUPER windy and nasty chop out there. We pulled out of Windsor headed towards the sandbar and had waves coming over the front because I had 12 people, 3 ice chests, and 96 gallons of fuel on board. I turned right around and went into the channel and hung out there instead. I think if it would have been the normal crew of 5-6 we would have been fine. Every other time out the boat has handled everything I've thrown at it.

revpuffdaddy
    On the Conquest there are two floor drains. One drains into the left sponson and the other drains into the right sponson. There are bilge pumps in both sponons and the engine compartment.

OutCole'd
    Originally posted by BOBALOO
    Thanks for the replies, I was out in Havasu the week or two before the big storm and the rough water got me thinking.
    does the deck drain into the engine compartment?
    On the Magic it does drain into the builge, then pumps it out from there.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast