Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sunken boat rules.

dmontzsta
    Just wondering, how things would work if an owner sinks their boat and decides they dont want to bring it up. Can you go in and have it pulled up without contacting the owner? or what if you find out about a boat that has been underwater for a good bit and you have no idea who the owner is? anyone have a clue? I am just curious, I have no plans on bringing up a sunken boat.

wsuwrhr
    "Acceptance" is the man here for underwater salvage questions.
    Brian
    Originally posted by dmontzsta
    Just wondering, how things would work if an owner sinks their boat and decides they dont want to bring it up. Can you go in and have it pulled up without contacting the owner? or what if you find out about a boat that has been underwater for a good bit and you have no idea who the owner is? anyone have a clue? I am just curious, I have no plans on bringing up a sunken boat.

Infomaniac
    In Oklahoma, it would still belong to the original owner. Does not matter if he intended to bring it up or not. If you bring it up, you just did him a favor.

Floored
    you ain't gonna sink it and tell wife that you need a new engine now, are you???

dmontzsta
    Originally posted by Floored
    you ain't gonna sink it and tell wife that you need a new engine now, are you???
    haha...no way. Just wondering cause I have talked to a few people who have lost bitchen boats and never recovered them. I got a little paranoid and started wondering...what if we have a shortage on v drives, people would have to start digging them up from the bottom of lakes and restoring them or something. there are some nice boats at the bottom of most lakes.

coolchange
    The last time I talked to an "official" Castaic had over 450 boats in it not on it. I personally know of some pretty badass ones down there.

wsuwrhr
    Originally posted by coolchange
    The last time I talked to an "official" Castaic had over 450 boats in it not on it. I personally know of some pretty badass ones down there.
    Castaic is DEEP, balls deep.
    Brian

dmontzsta
    Time to scuba gear up and head to the bottom, might find the Titanic in that bish.

superdave013
    Originally posted by coolchange
    A friends jet boat is sitting around 550' down at Castaic. It was really nice too.

dmontzsta
    Originally posted by superdave013
    A friends jet boat is sitting around 550' down at Castaic. It was really nice too.
    Did he get a quote on pulling it up?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast