Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: GMC vs. Chevy

K9Blitz
    I've recently priced out the GMC and Chevy 1500 Crew Cab 4x4's each with the 4:10 rear end ect...
    In the old days GMC's were more of a "work truck" without the bells and whistles of the Chevy. Anyone have any words of wisdom between the two? I've heard their assembly lines are right next to each other with the only difference being logo's and slight body style.

cc322
    Words of wisdom for tou.......... Buy a Ford

Dr. Eagle
    Originally posted by cc322
    Words of wisdom for tou.......... Buy a Ford
    bad choice grasshopper...

cc322

Dr. Eagle
    LOL...... Always been a Chevy Guy... always will be!
    As for the original question:
    GMC has tried to position themselves as the "premium" GM truck/suv maker... kind of a step between Chevy and Cadillac. But there really isn't much difference unless you step up to a Denali in the SUV category.
    I'd get the one that had the best price equipped as you want it.

cc322
    My brother n law just bought a sub he loves it, he is a ford man at heart (like me) but happens to like what gm is doing with the suv's better than ford, I am not fond of the new expy's with the rear independent suspension, but I'm sure gm will follow suit, everybody want's a nice plush ride, . My next vechile will be a f- 250 4x4 imo they just look bad

Dr. Eagle
    My Suburban has the Electronic Ride Control... it rides like a car, and adapts to towing trailers or off road conditions. I love that SUV!

HighRoller
    The two trucks are basically similar, but there are subtle differences in the body. Obvously the front ends are different, but the hood on my GMC is radically different than a Chebbie too. Aside from that and the badging on the engine, interior and tailgate they are the same.
    I seriously cannot figure out what Chevy was thinking when they put the angular and boxy "cat eye" front end on a truck with rounded and flowing lines. I like my GMC because the front end flows into the rest of the body instead of looking like a slab of square sheeetmetal with headlights.

Havasu Hangin'
    when I bought my Sub, I was told that GMC and Chevy use the same production lines...the only change is the front end and badges.

Jordy
    My next vechile will be a f- 250 4x4 imo they just look bad
    Yep, look even worse broke down on the side of the road.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast