Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: GMC vs. Chevy

DOHARA
    Havasu cig, I'm not talking about optional tow mirrors. I was trying to explain the decrative chrome piece on front side of mirror. Most chevy's don't have them, it's a black mirror. I have the 1500x-cab sierra and a few of my buddy's have the chevy and they don't have them. I have been looking at tahoe's and yukon's this weekend and like I said, just a few cosmetic and interior differences. I like the GMC styling better. But to each is their own.

Jordy
    Originally posted by DOHARA
    I was trying to explain the decrative chrome piece on front side of mirror.
    I've got them on mine. Chrome on the mirrors matches the chrome door handles.

Powerquestboy
    I have a Yukon XL that is loaded. When I bought it I looked at a suburban but disliked it due to the fact that all the trim was black and not painted. I also liked the console in between the front seats better and I like the front grill. I have a freind that is in the car business and he told me they are exactly the same trucks but GMC trims their trucks nicer than Chevy. Now you can definitly buy an awesome chevy with all the options and they would be very similar. I just liked the minor details that were nicer such as the mirrors, door handles, moldings, bimpers etc. that were painted instead of black plastic.
    Only thing I wish I had was 2 buckets in the back instead of a bench, but I think you have to step up to the Denali for that.

franky
    We just bought a 2004 Tahoe with the captains chairs (nice buckets like up front) in the middle so you do not have to "step up" to the pimpin rapper b-ball Denali to get the twin center seats rather than the bench

Havasu Cig
    Originally posted by Powerquestboy
    I have a Yukon XL that is loaded. When I bought it I looked at a suburban but disliked it due to the fact that all the trim was black and not painted. I also liked the console in between the front seats better and I like the front grill. I have a freind that is in the car business and he told me they are exactly the same trucks but GMC trims their trucks nicer than Chevy. Now you can definitly buy an awesome chevy with all the options and they would be very similar. I just liked the minor details that were nicer such as the mirrors, door handles, moldings, bimpers etc. that were painted instead of black plastic.
    Only thing I wish I had was 2 buckets in the back instead of a bench, but I think you have to step up to the Denali for that.
    We had an LT Suburban before the truck and all the molding and door handles were painted. We also had 4 captains chairs. Like I said before anything you can get on a GMC you can also get on a Chevy. The Suburban you looked at with the black trim must not have been an LT.
    As far as Chrome on the mirrors of the GMC, That must be a 1500 thing. I sam 2 GMC 2500's today with the standard (not towing) mirriors and they were black with no chrome.

Havasu Cig
    Originally posted by jordanpaulk
    I've got them on mine. Chrome on the mirrors matches the chrome door handles.
    You must of went with the Denali handles. I put Suburban ones on our's. Either way they both look much better than stock.

Jordy
    Originally posted by Havasu Cig
    You must of went with the Denali handles.
    Nope. Denali handles are painted to match. Escalade handles are chrome with matching painted background/mounts.

goneboatin
    Originally posted by DOHARA
    I was trying to explain the decrative chrome piece on front side of mirror. )
    I had a '99 Silverado with the chrome or mystery metal on the mirrors. It didn't make any difference how much I polished, or cleaned those things, they would not shine like new. The rocks you get hit with on the freeways always leave a little pit. IMO I prefer the black backs on the mirrors to the mystery metal, but painted the same as the body color looks better. You can get that on the Suburban, but not on the Silverados. I've got an '04 2500 crew cab w/ the Q-steer, with the LT package, it came with the black mirrors and door handles. I had the mirrors painted to match the body and had Escalade handles installed. Now the truck looks finished. But the GMC Sierras come with the black mirrors and handles also, so it's whatever you like.

Uplink
    Originally posted by K9Blitz
    I've recently priced out the GMC and Chevy 1500 Crew Cab 4x4's each with the 4:10 rear end ect...
    In the old days GMC's were more of a "work truck" without the bells and whistles of the Chevy. Anyone have any words of wisdom between the two? I've heard their assembly lines are right next to each other with the only difference being logo's and slight body style.
    Chevy....
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...crew_z71_2.jpg
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...87_28_full.jpg
    GMC.....
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...2004sierra.jpg
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...0crew3-med.jpg
    I like the lines of the GMC's, but thats just me

SHAKE-YO-AZZ
    Originally posted by cc322
    Words of wisdom for tou.......... Buy a Ford
    yes indeed, GMC and chev are the same

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123