Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Photo-Enforced Intersections

EliminatorJet
    I got a ticket for one of these the other day. Plain as day - pic of my truck in the intersection and the light is red above me. Anyone ever got a ticket like this before?

Dr. Eagle
    Nope... not yet anyway...
    I think its unAmerican...

Outnumbered
    Originally posted by EliminatorJet
    I got a ticket for one of these the other day. Plain as day - pic of my truck in the intersection and the light is red above me. Anyone ever got a ticket like this before?
    Post it

dego red
    No, hav'nt had one either. But we do have the damn things here too. I think they cost $144.00. red

Dr. Eagle
    Originally posted by dego red
    No, hav'nt had one either. But we do have the damn things here too. I think they cost $144.00. red
    I believe in California the fine is $270 and I seem to remember that they were planning to raise that to balance the budget...

Wakker
    Don't run red lights

NorCal Gameshow
    Originally posted by Wakker
    Don't run red lights
    'specially if that hottie next to you isn't your wife

XtrmWakeborder
    Originally posted by Wakker
    Don't run red lights
    Well yah thats just common sense, but id rather have a cop there to pull me over so i could tell him what happened..."last week i ran a red light because my accelerator pedal got stuck..thank god the intersection was empty" instead of having to go to court which will probably be harder to convice him of the truth

EliminatorJet
    it was one of those situations where I either brake hard as hell and end up stopped a few feet into the intersection, or I continue following the car in front of me, and I am through the intersection before anyone reacts to their light changing. I still ran the light, but I probably wouldn't have been pulled over if there was an officer there. BTW that ticket is $351 :eek!:

JustMVG
    There was a story on these camera lights, and that the local agency has the right to set the timer on the system to whatever they want it to be , at a certain intersection in Beverly Hills, they have the system "delayed" it will go and take the picture but only after the light has been red for more than second or two, and then you should get a ticket any way, but other cities or agencies are setting the timer to go off as soon as the yellow goes out and the red comes on, there's a bit of time in there that i think is being unfairly used, it's a very small bit of time but if you see the yellow, and you know the camera's are there you might as well stop, you get rear ended i guess you could sue for being too safe.
    Sucks but thats how some of the towns and cities make the budget deficit's up.
    Mike VG

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast