Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What not to do to your garage.

NashvilleBound
    In YOUR neighborhood? I would think all the loud rap music and hydraulics bumping would be cover for your compressor.

wsuwrhr
    Originally posted by NashvilleBound
    In YOUR neighborhood? I would think all the loud rap music and hydraulics bumping would be cover for your compressor.
    Now that ain't right.
    Brian

superdave013
    Originally posted by NashvilleBound
    Could be worse I guess, hows the banjo's soundin?

Originally posted by superdave013
    That's funny sh!t! Brian, do you have exposed studs inside or is it drywalled? The sound testing I've conducted in the car room showed me that (along with an insulated garage door) drywall will add a fairly efficient sound barrier. I will crank up the sound system and continue testing for you today.

wsuwrhr
    Originally posted by superdave013
    That ain't right SD.
    Brian

wsuwrhr
    Originally posted by roostwear
    That's funny sh!t! Brian, do you have exposed studs inside or is it drywalled? The sound testing I've conducted in the car room showed me that (along with an insulated garage door) drywall will add a fairly efficient sound barrier. I will crank up the sound system and continue testing for you today.
    Garage is not drywalled yet. I was waiting for the full garage mod before I do that.
    I was thinking of doing the ceiling because of the old style tile roof. Lots of air gaps up there.
    Brian

Tom Brown
    I think the insulation thing will work much better if it's *all* done. There's no question an uninsulated shop will bleed more sound out than an insulated one. The drywall will help. Don't forget the vapor barrier.
    Up here, most shops are insulated and it makes a big difference. It's not a perfect solution to the noise problem, though.
    As for the compressor, consider installing a muffler on the intake. Most of the noice that comes out of a compressor comes from the intake. They make mufflers for that.
    Lastly, do get the glitter globe. It will help when you want to paint the light fantastic.

NashvilleBound
    *Ignoring the banjo crack********
    If you insulate the walls and ceiling and leave the stud bays open..ie... no drywall... Your room will be as close to "Dead" as you will be able to make it. There is no other sound proofing close to that except the foam "egg crates". We have the sharp foam in the recording studio but its costly to say the least.

NitroMan
    Brian,
    Get a few more pitbulls and a Rot. Do you have any assault rifles?

Jbb

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast