Thread: boat called Cheez- Monster

fastvdriver
    this boat was driven by Fred Price does any body know what kind of hull it was. I don't have a pic but it is on the poster
    WILD WORLD OF DRAG BOATS

Sangerboy
    I remember seeing that boat run and I don't ever remember it handling well I'm not sure but I think the hull was called a Pantera???

Fired Up
    I remember it too. Sangerboy, do you remember when they lost the whole deck on the boat during a pass? Long Beach...when we were babies........

Sangerboy
    Originally posted by Fired Up
    I remember it too. Sangerboy, do you remember when they lost the whole deck on the boat during a pass? Long Beach...when we were babies........
    I remember that Sam, eraser and I were there, the boat doinked so hard it broke the whole deck off when it landed

I think it was called a Pantera. It was a rather amusing looking piece as I remember. I may have some pics of it in my archives.

coolchange
    I remember talking to the guy that built it at the boat show and asking him if it was for a wacker or a small block. The thing only had about 16 inches of freeboard and was FLAT way up past the toe board. I remember runnin to see it every time it made a pass and had lots of pics of it. At about 900' it would blow the tail then nose in and do about 3 whoopdy dos. To this day we still talk about that boat and I'm still amazed no one died in it.

fastvdriver
    thanks for the info it was a wierd looking boat that is for sure. I look at it every time I look at the poster did it ever make a full pass or was it only a air show

BILLY.B
    Originally posted by fastvdriver
    I look at it every time I look at the poster did it ever make a full pass or was it only a air show I remember as a teen just staring at that ugly thing and thinking you've got to be kidding me. You probably won't believe me but I saw it make a full pass at Bakersfield and are you REEEAAAAADDDDYYYYY ????. 140 mph not kilometers.........I could'nt believe it. Of course that was when Crazy Horse was running 165. I was there also when the deck came off. Do you remember when they tried to duct tape it back on and make another pass???. Another thing about the owner of that fine ride. He alway's had a shaved head, wore combat boots with shorts & his sock's were pulled up to his knee's and I swore it was Charley Mason's twin brother. The owner also went on to tune a fuel hydro that crashed into the desert at a Reno dragboat race back in the mid 80's after the throttle stuck. Oh one otherthing, we use to take off running after they'd shut the fuel off to shut the engine down, it would just sit there and take for ever to finally quit and we thought it was going to blow for sure as it was really lean by then.

bigkatboat
    A cut down BLEVINS???? Or was it a LeBell????