Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Intake for 455 Olds

Lickety_Split
    I was just wondering what you all are running for an intake on your 455 Olds. I am looking at purchasing a new one and would like some input on what i should go with. I am was looking at the Edelbrock Performer. Do they make 455 intakes with the square bore. rather than the spread. I haven't seen any intakes yet. I assume some one does. Well thanks for the input.

Taylorman
    Go with the new Edelbrock Victor.

sleekvino
    it all depends on the motor set up if your running enough cam you could go with a toker it red lines at 6000.if your looking for hole shot and a ski boat then i go with the performer.i have it on my boat and its great for skiing and has a top speed of 62.8 on the gps.its very strong through out the rpms.

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
    tunnel ram here. Midrange torque is killer!

Floored
    if you can find one the Offy Port-O-Sonic works well with a mild motor, better than torker and they are a holley carb pattern. Had a tunnel ram and hated it, went with a torker w/2"spacer and engine came to life. thought about new edelbrock air gap manifold but, rpm range is 4-8000 rpm. I run 4700 in boat so don't see use for my application. I stay a little detuned for use as a family boat

Sleek-Jet
    Edlebrock makes an airgap for the 455 now???
    Or are we talking about the new super-Victor intake??

Taylorman
    Victor is what we are talking about. Im running a tunnel ram with dual 600 edelbrocks and love it.

Floored
    http://www.edelbrock.com/automotive/man_olds.html#2810 it looks like a nice piece just not worth the 450-500 I've been quoted for a 10-20 hp increase.

FEDERAL1
    I have 455 olds high performance parts intake manifold aluminum valve covers a few chrome pieces heads deep oil pan electronic ignition Bassett wet headers motor mounts and etc. email or call 310-408-3807 Charles email federaleagle@hotmail.com

Back Forty
    The Victor is probably to much intake for most of the Olds boats around here. The only engines over on ROP seeing any gains are setups making better than 600hp so far based on observation.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast