Thread: Plexi-glass windshields - who makes them?

goneboatin
    I did it this weekend, I always tell the kids don't lean over that plexiglass windshied (that wraps from the front to around the side), or you'll break it. Well, I leaned over to push the boat away from the dock and, SNAP! I broke the damn thing.
    Does anyone know of an outfit that makes these things for the boat manufacturers? I know that they must sub these things out to another outfit. But can the sub sell them outright or will I get stuck having to go thru the boat builder and pay his p&o (profit and overhead) in addition to the cost?

Outnumbered
    Wayne Earl MFG
    714-577-0632
    Got two OEM replacements for my Lavey. The service, fit, and quality was A+
    OL

locogringo
    In Havasu, Finney's does the Magic ones but not sure about the others. Each side costs $340.

goneboatin
    Thanks Old Lavey, I hope they're the same outfit who makes them for Howard. I'll give 'em a call tomorrow.

BoatFloating
    Originally posted by goneboatin
    Thanks Old Lavey, I hope they're the same outfit who makes them for Howard. I'll give 'em a call tomorrow.
    Also Mitch @ Acrlyic Design in Anahiem. They make them for Carrera and alot of boat MFG. He's a board member under the name Plastic Man.

dorC
    I've butted my head with Finney's in the past. Very long turn around, too 3 tries to get it right, poor communication. I don't know if I was the exception or what, but I wasn't very happy.