Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My first "tin" work.

Back Forty
    After installing a thermostat on my G/Carlson this year the engine has been hating the hot air. My engine cover has a scoop of sorts so I built this tub from .040 aluminum. All edges ar radiused. I had to get it done before a trip from Cincy to Louville on the Ohio this last weekend so I rivited the bottm in place. I'll have to build a new one once the new intake goes on. I'll make that one a one piece. I ran the Olds betwwen 3700 and 4000 rpms for the whole trip. 10/30wt oil and 5 qts. in the pan. Not a problem during about 8 hrs. of running!
    I'll get the pics in a minute..

Back Forty
    here

Back Forty
    nother
    The img feature isn't working...

Floored
    looks STYLIN to me. I like it

Some Kind Of Monster
    Very Nice Job!

kp216
    Looks great Chris!
    By the way, it's too bad you had to leave early at Tablerock, we spent Sunday afternoon kickin' back at that one beach from Saturday. Watched Derek (the guy in the two seater Allison) make a 115mph pass.

Back Forty
    Kevin, I was having the same problem that you were telling me about when you had your engine cover on. I decided that I would isolate my carb to the scoop on the sun deck deal. It worked like a champ. I have to block off the exhaust crossover in the intake. It boils the carb after a while at higher rpm. It may be time to give up the old iron intake!!!
    I wish I could have stayed but I needed to get back for work on Monday. I got into town here in Ohio by around 830pm. Not to bad. These Diesels kick a$$. I cruised at about 80-85mph the whole way home whenever traffic wasn't in my way

superdave013
    that looks real good. I don't know why more people don't do that. Sure seems to work well in cars.

CrazyHippy
    Nice work.
    BJH

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast