Ok, I recently had a regular car tire on my trailer seperate and another turn eggshape. I had to tow my boat back this last trip and the other side now has one tire that is eggshaped with a buble on the side. The other tire on the same side is ok. What are the advantages/disadvantages of having trailer tires. It seems whether you have trailer tires or regular car tires, people still have problems with them seperating, blowing out, etc. I don't tow my boat very much as it is kept at my house at the river, and am just wondering if I should replace all the tires with trailer tires or just keep the regular car tires on them. I called a local tire shop I use and they said to just keep the regular car tires? Just want to hear some opinions and experiences. BTW, the tires I had were approximately 2 years old. My boat sat parked for a long time (2 years) after it was stolen so I could restore it after it was recovered. I think this is what might have caused the tires to eggshape. Is it best to store your trailer on jacks during non use or winter time?