Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: IMCO OR W.P.M ???????

TOBTEK
    What is the better set-up? the new MACH comes with either one,(WPM or IMCO) THEY said they were having some complaints with W.P.M (very hard/stiff stering). I think the wpm looks way tricker.......what are some opinions....

kab
    Just have THEM build you a bigger torque tab I say try IMCO. I love my wpm steering but I did hear of some problems with wpm on the single 300x.

HavasuDreamin'
    Very good question. I often wondered this myself. The only thing I can say is that I don't know much about WPM! Are they a solid company that will be around for decades? Where are they out of? What else do they produce aside from steering components. Not ragging on them, I have heard excellent things about their steering products, just don't know their history. I believe IMCO will be around, so when you have replacement part issues (You are keeping this rig a while right), IMCO will definately be there.......not sure about WPM.

Boatmaster
    Tobtek I love the WPM on the 25, but have not seen any problems with either one. I have had some troubles with imco on a customers dual ram inboard set up. WPM is not going anywhere.

TOBTEK
    kab:
    Just have THEM build you a bigger torque tab I say try IMCO. I love my wpm steering but I did hear of some problems with wpm on the single 300x.have ya heard what the problem was?.....they were putting the hardware on the wrong side of the motor. When I was down there they were switching a few over.....ooops

TOBTEK
    HavasuDreamin':
    Very good question. I often wondered this myself. The only thing I can say is that I don't know much about WPM! Are they a solid company that will be around for decades? Where are they out of? What else do they produce aside from steering components. Not ragging on them, I have heard excellent things about their steering products, just don't know their history. I believe IMCO will be around, so when you have replacement part issues (You are keeping this rig a while right), IMCO will definately be there.......not sure about WPM.I know Tom at w.p.m....good guy, but dont know if he will be around in ten yrs doing biz? who ever knows?? Does the IMCO look good, and is it ajustable like the WPM?

kab
    Left side or right side who cares right? I heard the same thing. Forget hyd. steering bigger torque tab muscle that thing around. My friend bought a lower unit for a single 2.5 off a twin -no torque tab on lower unit- by the time he got to the first sand bar his arms were pumped.

TOBTEK
    kab:
    Left side or right side who cares right? I heard the same thing. Forget hyd. steering bigger torque tab muscle that thing around. My friend bought a lower unit for a single 2.5 off a twin -no torque tab on lower unit- by the time he got to the first sand bar his arms were pumped. thats funny about your buddie..... your twin's really dont have tab's on the lowers?
    PS: is Allenbach still sniveling?

kab
    No tabs on the twin. Mark is not sniveling just disappointed, he's over it.

kab
    No tabs on the twin. Mark is not sniveling just disappointed, he's over it.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast