Thread: Skater :Glass only new 36ftr $300k

rustyk
    Now i got your attention. Is it really worth that much money for the brand of cat? Is Skater really all that? I have heard so much about all the other brand out there good and so forth why is it they can get that much $$ for just the glass,and they will not sell it unless they rig it also.Your comments please.
    rk eek!

mbrown2
    Besides being the fastest cat, lightest cat, and most winningest cat, prices for any top of the line product is mostly determined by supply and demand. The same question can be asked about a Rolex; Logic says it is not that expensive to build it, but people pay for it, so that is what the price is. A Skater like any other boat will lose a lot of value right off the top, but it will still demand a premium in the used market. If you want the best, you get what you pay for.

playdeep
    The LICK THIS skater belonging to Chris Kellog was sold to an individual in Australia recently for supposedly 400k more than what Kellog paid for the boat...Buyer did not want to wait for at least a year for a new Skater.Supposedly there is a new 36ft. LICK THIS on order.

Havasu Cig
    I think you need to check your info on the rigging in regards to Skater doing it. I checked recently about buying a hull from them and having it rigged here on the West coast and it was not a problem. DCB used to rig Skaters as well before they started doing their own hulls.
    As far as cost I was quoted 370k for a brand new 36 with a cabin, 575's, and #6's fully rigged on a Skater trailer. #300k for just the hull sounds a bit high. Maybe the dealer you talked to was trying to make some extra $$$ off you My.02.
    [ October 20, 2002, 08:51 PM: Message edited by: Havasu Cig ]

Skaterfast
    If you had a product that you knew was by far the best in its field,what would you charge for it?
    My answer is:As much as someone is willing to pay.
    This is why Skater gets the dough.Because they are the best.

onesloryd
    I believe the “Lick This” Skater is still available at Lake Cumberland Marine for only $1,300,000.00.
    web page

Charley
    onesloryd:
    I believe the “Lick This” Skater is still available at Lake Cumberland Marine for only $1,300,000.00.
    web pageOk I just checked the "Lick This" link....
    $260k Down
    $8378 per month for 20 years?
    holy FOCK!
    Um "Lick This" is a perfect name for that boat hehehe

unleashed
    AHHHHHHHH, does it come with a portapottie??? If it does then I'll think about it.
    Deano
    unleashedclothing

playdeep
    Sorry for the misinformation...Jim Nichols(AHBA)gave me that info after I asked him if LICK THIS and PREDATOR were gonna tangle at the fall HEAT WAVE poker run...after the spring poker run when circumstances kept LICK THIS from starting with the first wave I was kinda looking forward to watching them go at it...