Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What's better than a 6.0L Excursion?

rrrr
    Why, a NEW 6.0L Excursion, of course. I traded in my '03 Ex today for a new one.
    The '03 was a early build, it had been reflashed and had injector changes and so on. After it developed an oil leak, I decided it was time to visit my good pal, the Fleet Manager.
    He was pretty cool about the whole deal, and tomorrow I am picking up the new Ex. I am completely confident the early problems with the 6.0L have been fixed. Actually, I would not have purchased the 6.0L Ex in January '03 except I had totalled my '00 V-10 Ex. Ooops!
    So after tomorrow I will be driving a new monster torque, 17 city MPG, zero-to-sixty animal. Payments are only $60/month more with zero down. I think they treated me OK.
    Just in time to drive to CBBB!!!! Seeya at the Avi.....

SoCalOffshore
    Good luck. Or you could have purchased just one Suburban.

rrrr
    Originally posted by SoCalOffshore
    Ahhh, no matter old the world gets, there will be that argument that surpasses anything the Chinese have produced over thousands of years.....
    You will always be instantly able to Identify a 6.0L Ex........
    It's the Ford towing a boat that passes your Sub like it was a four banger Kia...

XtrmWakeborder
    Originally posted by rrrr
    Ahhh, no matter old the world gets, there will be that argument that surpasses anything the Chinese have produced over thousands of years.....
    You will always be instantly able to Identify a 6.0L Ex........
    It's the Ford towing a boat that passes your Sub like it was a four banger Kia...

whoa whoa whoa...can't the sub be bought with the 8.1....Now thats a real man engine lol

SeaRayPat
    Its bummer you didnt wait for all new 2005 Excursion it will be based on the new F250 and it is going to rock..and why didnt you get the diesel instead of the gas motor......huge power and better milage.just a thought but have fun anyway

rrrr
    Originally posted by SeaRayPat
    Its bummer you didnt wait for all new 2005 Excursion it will be based on the new F250 and it is going to rock..and why didnt you get the diesel instead of the gas motor......huge power and better milage.just a thought but have fun anyway
    The '05 body change for the Super Duty will not be extended to the Excursion, that decision is going to be made for the '06 Ex (if they build it).
    I did get the stinky motor, the 6.0L is a diesel engine. It's da bomb LOL.

MagicMtnDan
    Congratulations on buying the second best truck brand you could have purchased

JustMVG
    Well thats great rrrr, but getting a brand new tranny for nothing from the dealer is pretty good too, mine went out on my V10 Ex 01, and the warranty would have expired in October so i am glad/sad that it happened now, i'll pm you with the dirty details.
    So are you going to be here in October??

Big_Gunz_
    Congrat on the new EX. Been looking to get the same one so keep us posted on how it does.

C-2
    Originally posted by SoCalOffshore
    After jumping ship and getting a Ford, I no longer have to cross my fingers while towing up Chevy Hill (or the rest of the trip for that matter).
    C-2<------ Glad I jumped ship, but will NEVER vote for Kerry.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast