Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: katherine's on a weekend

Toomstone
    so how bad can katherines actually get on a normal summer saturday? how long will the wait be if you get there between 9 and 11????

dicudmore
    I've heard "hours".....
    The longest I've ever waited to launch prob 15 minutes

voodoomedman
    yes it can be hours. Launch before 7 for no wait 8 for not too bad a wait. After that it starts going up. Also you can take the turn where it says telephone cove. Telephone you can launch in the dirt. Keep going and you have to drive in the dirt for a bit but you can launch on concrete at Princess cove. For some reason everybody just waits hours at the main ramp and doesn't go to those spots. Don't tell everybody though.

I've waited in line for 2 hours before. Never again. Get there early. It's no picnic pulling out at dusk either.

JustMVG
    Just went thru this a few weeks ago, we went the weekend after the 4th so there were few folks and the ramp was busy but no real hassles, just the usual bs with the Jetskiers and some newbies but everyone has been a newbie at some point, and can understand and in some, if not all cases, most help them out best they can, but get there early have your stuff ready if you have plugs make sure they are in, all the other stuff , food, ice, bring plenty of that, have all that stowed or on board before you get in line, makes things alot easier, if you can have some one back you down and launch you great just mill around till you see them at one of the docks or just take an empty spot and kick back. Have fun and enjoy, watch for shallow spots the lake was little lower than i remember, and had a couple of scares. Take Care Mike VG

FRENCHIE
    Originally posted by Toomstone
    so how bad can katherines actually get on a normal summer saturday? how long will the wait be if you get there between 9 and 11????
    b4 7 a.m. and your ok....9-11 a.m. might as well get some dvds installed in your ride and bring about 3 movies....no ....maybee four!!

OutCole'd
    I won't go there on a weekend. Last time was two hours to launch & another two hours to retrieve.

Essex502
    Not only can the wait be greater than an hour to put the boat in but also to take it out. Then the long walk to tone of the outer lots in 110°+ heat makes for a tiring experience. Skip it and take the 1 to 1-1/2 drive up to Cottonwood and see the north end of the lake. It's beautiful and usually no waiting at all.

Member: 7673
    This past weekend(Sat) took 20min to launch at 11am and 2 hours to retrieve 7pm Friend used the dirt road to Princess Cove and he was in and out but his Car, Boat and Trailer got pretty dusty
    Becareful everyone was playing bumper boats at the launch ramp and keep an eye out for jetskis, other than that well worth the trip

My Man's Sportin' Wood
    I have seen the line go up past the gate. Expect the wait to be 2 hours or longer. If it's shorter, great. But it probably won't be. I would either get up earlier or go to Telephone, Princess or Cottonwood. Good Luck.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast