Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: 1979 sanger rare picklefork hydro (jet) 4 sale

mouzer
    19 ft sanger p/f hydro polished berkley pump,jetavater,paint ok needs interior/seats 4,new gages,new wire harness,tandom trailer,all hardware for bbc.less motor,$2800 firm. i will post pictures asap,located in corona ca.pm me for my # if interested now.

hell ya !let's see it . how heavy is it ?A buddy has a one and its a awsome riding boat and way fast!!
    MarKist

AngryJosh
    Can you post a picture please

HavasuDreamin'
    What makes the boat rare? There are lots of Sanger jet hydro's around.

Dragboats, to be honest ,to me 80mph on the lake is fast ,so when I say" way fast" anything faster than that,to me is way fast , and one more note, his is not a sanger ,its a eliminator pickle fork,with a blown BBC,Dominator pump!and thanks for the heads up on the sanger!!
    MarKist

HavasuDreamin'
    Originally posted by MarKist
    and one more note, his is not a sanger ,its a eliminator pickle fork
    MarKist
    Just an FYI.........the Eliminator is a "tunnel" which works well with a jet pump set up and the Sanger is a "hydro" which does not work well with a jet pump. This is what dragboats was referring to.
    HD

sanger rat
    OK, So how fast is too fast in a Sanger hydro jet? Somebody let me know before I get there. Its a nice ride so far.

mouzer
    Originally posted by HavasuDreamin'
    What makes the boat rare? There are lots of Sanger jet hydro's around. not acording to sanger there only a handfull still around and they didn'nt make that many.i know a guy who has one with a mild blown bbc,and he loves it it runs low 90s,seats 4 and still looks bitchen in the water,i myself would not want to top 100 in one unless it was a v-drive.i got this cause i sold my hydro (v-drive) and wanted something to seat 4 and i love the look of the hydro.now i found a 4 seater flat i want so im selling the jet hydro,this hull will still outrun a 18 ft standard jet with the same motor in them.

mouzer
    Originally posted by Dragboats
    Markist, Just out of interest- how fast is way fast. I was in process
    of buying one of these boats, a 1979 Sanger. I did a ton of research including talking to a gentleman that owns a Hydroplane restoration shop in Arizona I got the number from Sanger over the phone. Several companies made this type of boat in the 70's maybe early 80's and out of all the people I talked to- they said stay as far away from these boats as possible unless you just want a 55/60 mile per hour lake showboat. I have been told when you put a fair amount of power behind these boats they get VERY dangerous!!! The principal behind a boat like this is the prop lifts the back end up and pushes down on the sponsons (walking) the jet pulls the back down into the water and raise's the front..... This is not the way the boat is designed to work causing a potential hazard to driver and occupants. I am only going by many experts opinions and decided not to buy one and I truly loved the Sanger. I was going to buy it and it was hard to walk away because as I said I really liked the boat though new I wanted to go fast and safe. David Bostrom owner of GT boats in Fairfield was one of the experts that said stay away, I have known David for many years- he was a very competitive racer is his day and knows these and other jet boats as good as anyone.
    Just thought I would point this out so people do their homework before taking on a boat like this and find out its not safe at high speed. Blah Blah Blah its gettig deep.

sanger mike
    I DONT KNOW ABOUT RARE, BUT THE PRICE IS RIGHT. FOR SOME ONE TO GET INTO BOATING.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast