Thread: paging hot crusader76

carreraboat
    Hey do you guys boost reference carbs or do you reccomend the blower carbs from holley. if you do boost reference the carbs what do you do
    thnaks bo

Clown
    Yes we referance the boost to below the blower.
    We use a stocker holley carb and drill a hole into the povervalve cavity and do a little epoxy work .
    If you talk to B&M they tell you exactely what to do!
    If you bought there blower new it came with those instructions on how to re referance the powervalve.

Hotcrusader76
    carreraboat:
    Hey do you guys boost reference carbs or do you reccomend the blower carbs from holley. if you do boost reference the carbs what do you do
    thnaks boI take my referencing out of the baseplate. I do not drill into the mainbody at all. No epoxy! No odd looking tubing extruding out of the carb etc.
    It can be a simple modification but knowing where to plug and drill the new orifices can be complicated. Not all baseplates are the same, and some use different configurations.
    Most competent carb builders can perform this modification with ease and know-how. But look into how they plumb the tubing that will attach to the manifold. Going through a carb's mainbody is possible but not a clean install and can sometimes risk the chance of over-drilling.
    K.I.S.S (Keep it simple "silly" )
    Boost referencing keeps your transistion circuit vacuum referenced to the true vacuum from the motor and not the blower. If your cam makes so much vacuum that you can't even get a power-valve rated for your "hg" of vacuum, then why even boost reference? Then again there are the many that just plug the pwr-valves and run square all around, run the their boats at 5-6K 24/7 and do just fine without.
    If your cruiseing around most of the time, harbor here and channel there....then boost reference. Otherwise if your a guy who runs all out and trailers the boat when the motors are off, then don't bother. But this is a very controversial subject in itself....
    You can contact me for any further information if you like. Toll free (877) TPC-CARB

carreraboat
    thanks for the info i have a blower in my future kinda of winter project i would like you to do the carb thing you know make right for my motor and dress them up some

Hotcrusader76
    carreraboat:
    thanks for the info i have a blower in my future kinda of winter project i would like you to do the carb thing you know make right for my motor and dress them up someNot a problem! Call me when your ready...and I'll take it from there.
    Good luck on the blower! wink