Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Need some advice

Scream
    Ok, here's the scoop.
    My sister and her significant other have purchased a condo in Arrowhead. They have lake rights and want a boat PRONTO. Most on that lake are pontoons, and there are some runabouts. I'm trying to convince them into getting a production deckboat, probably a Chapparal, but would like some input on these. They're not the custom hot boat types, but they are getting into boating, which is a cool deal for me.
    Also, they've looked at a dealer up in the hills there, Hardin Marine Arrowhead. I bought a boat from Hardin Marine in Mira Loma (gone now) and don't know if they're connected, but does anyone have any info on these guys also.
    Scream <--- lookin out for sis.

gramps
    are they gonna get any extra props??????

dicudmore
    don't know much about Hardin....
    Like the idea of the family boat for the sis

carbonmarine
    In arrowhead there no where to go ? Get a pontoon, something you can fit people on comfortable and mix drinks.... hang out.

Scream
    Originally posted by gramps
    are they gonna get any extra props??????
    Geez, you're just full of it aren't you...
    Hey, how come you didn't schlep over to the lake last week y'old fart? Hell I even had a gallon of Vodka!

mirvin
    Is this their first boat?? If so, maybe go with something cheap and easy before making the big descision to buy new
    I bet they could find something like that already sitting on the lake up there.
    mirvin

Scream
    Originally posted by carbonmarine
    In arrowhead there no where to go ? Get a pontoon, something you can fit people on comfortable and mix drinks.... hang out.
    Well, if that's the only body of water they'd be on, I'd be with ya, but I'm getting them thinking of using it on other lakes, rivers, etc. and IMO a deckboat would be a better all around fit. I might be full-o-shit (Ok, I'm usually full-o-shit) but that's my brain working away for ya.

dicudmore
    Originally posted by carbonmarine
    I like pontoons....
    Think I might take mine out this weekend

gramps
    Originally posted by Scream
    Geez, you're just full of it aren't you...
    Hey, how come you didn't schlep over to the lake last week y'old fart? Hell I even had a gallon of Vodka!

I REALLY tried to get over there but it was nutso around here.......
    tell your sis that 'cause Arrowhead is so small she should go with a pontoon..............
    are they gonna keep it there or bring it down the mountain? if they are new to the whole boat thing go with an easy maintence boat.

Scream
    Originally posted by mirvin
    Is this their first boat?? If so, maybe go with something cheap and easy before making the big descision to buy new
    I bet they could find something like that already sitting on the lake up there.
    mirvin
    Well, In my sisters own words "My motto is spend it like you got it". She'll spare no expense to get the best or what she considers the best. I tried talking them into a used anything and they gave me a :yuk: look. lol

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast