Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Baited Breath

Lake Pirate
    One can only wonder how the great Democratic white hope (John Kerry) will convert enough tightie righties to carry the vote after his big speech today?
    Perhaps he could convert mountain man dan by threatening to blow up the world and poke the eyes out of asian men to prove our military might?
    There is hope OG will be swayed by sending all the old people to Haiti?
    Abolishing the right to protest, and taxing household pets, could surely pull a vote from rrrr?
    Froggy might be attracted by building internment camps for gay flower shop owners and xenophiles?
    I'm pretty sure hard-core ski would entertain a vote if we would just shoot anybody that didn't wear a John-Deere cap?
    Mirvin would jump aboard in a heart beat if we sent all the Mexicans to mow yards at the GOP world headquarters.
    And I'll guarantee and approval from Dr Eagle when Kerry's gives the nod to reducing our deficit by selling M-16's on ebay.

OGShocker

My Man's Sportin' Wood
    you're funny. If he did all those things, he might get my vote (except in regards to rrrr's dog-phobia). Of course, he'd have to ditch his fugly obnoxious wife and start driving a pick-up truck, like this guy:
    http://home.mchsi.com/~angieknoll/FwFwFwFw20.jpg
    Cool wife, cool truck. He represents me pretty good.

rrrr
    You been eating sardines again? The word is "bated".
    From Dictionary.com:
    bate ( P ) Pronunciation Key (bt)
    tr.v. bat·ed, bat·ing, bates
    1.) To lessen the force or intensity of; moderate: “To his dying day he bated his breath a little when he told the story” (George Eliot).
    2.) To take away; subtract.
    Usage Note: The word baited is sometimes incorrectly substituted for the etymologically correct but unfamiliar word bated (“abated; suspended”) in the expression bated breath.

Lake Pirate
    From PirateDictionary.com:
    bait ( P ) Pronunciation Key (bat)
    tr.v. bait·ed, bait·ing, baits
    1.) To lure a an internet poster
    (Wilie the Weasel).
    2.) To promote a response; play on words.
    Usage Note: The Pirate baited rrr into going to the trouble to search dictionary.com because he didn't understand word play and double-entendre.

My Man's Sportin' Wood
    It's early, but I'm going for popcorn and beerhttp://home.mchsi.com/~angieknoll/drama.gif

rrrr
    Well, there's a typical liberal response. Uh, you made a mistake, but managed to come up with a warped justification for it and belittle me at the same time. How vacuous.
    Trust me, I don't need to search for word spelling, meaning, or usage. I only provided the cut and paste for your edification.

dicudmore
    Originally posted by Mrs. Sportin' Wood
    It's early, but I'm going for popcorn and beerhttp://home.mchsi.com/~angieknoll/drama.gif
    I'll have one if you're getting up

summerlove
    Interesting......

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast