Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Made In Mexico by Heinz

Lightning
    Subject: Fwd: Fw: Made In Mexico by Heinz
    Subject: Made in Mexico
    Shortly after reading the following e-mail content, I happened to look at the label of a jar of Heinz sandwich slice pickles. Yep.... Made in Mexico" Check some of your Heinz products. "Sen. John Kerry keeps talking about U.S. corporations leaving this country and setting up shop in foreigncountries, taking thousands of jobs with them. He is right, because that has happened. However, he is trying to blame it on George W. Bush. As far as I know, Bush has not moved one factory out of this country because he is not the owner of a single factory. That cannot be said about Kerry and his wife, Teresa Heinz-Kerry.
    According to the Wall Street Journal, the Kerry's own 32 factories in Europe and 18 in Asia and the Pacific. In addition, their company, the Heinz Company, leases four factories in Europe and four in Asia. Also, they own 27 factories in North America, some of which are in Mexico and the Caribbean. 80% of Heinz products are made overseas. I wonder how many hundreds of American workers lost their jobs when these plants relocated in foreign countries. I also wonder if the workers in Mexico and Asia are paid the same wages and benefits as workers in the United
    States. Of course they're not. However, Kerry demands that other companies that relocate should pay the same benefits they did in the U.S. Why does he not demand this of the Heinz Company,since he is married to the owner? If Kerry is elected, will he and his wife close all those foreign factories a nd bring all those jobs back to America? Of course they won't. They're making millions off that cheap labor."

Lady Rat Attack 1
    I'm sorry if I will offend anyone BUT I have never and will never like that woman. She scares the hell out of me expecially if she gets into the whitehouse :yuk:

summerlove
    More fricking lies.....get the story straight!
    Although Senator Kerry has been critical of the Bush administration for rewarding "Benedict Arnold CEOs" who move "profits and jobs overseas," the attempt to link Kerry (through his wife) with the very outsourcing he decries is flawed in two major ways. First off, Teresa Heinz Kerry does not "own the Heinz Corporation" — she has no involvement whatsoever with the management or operations of the H.J. Heinz Company, nor does she own anything close to a controlling interest of the company's stock. According to Heinz itself, the Heinz family trust which Mrs. Kerry inherited sold most of its shares of Heinz stock back in 1995 and currently holds less than a 4% interest in the company.
    In 1995, Kerry wed Teresa Heinz, whom he first met in 1990. Mrs. Kerry was previously married for 25 years to Henry John Heinz III, who was a member of the founding family of the H.J. Heinz Company and represented Pennsylvania for twenty years in both the U.S. House of Representatives and the Senate prior to his death in a plane crash in 1991. Mrs. Kerry inherited a Heinz family fortune estimated at over $500 million.

91nordic29
    Originally posted by summerlove
    More fricking lies.....get the story straight!
    Although Senator Kerry has been critical of the Bush administration for rewarding "Benedict Arnold CEOs" who move "profits and jobs overseas," the attempt to link Kerry (through his wife) with the very outsourcing he decries is flawed in two major ways. First off, Teresa Heinz Kerry does not "own the Heinz Corporation" — she has no involvement whatsoever with the management or operations of the H.J. Heinz Company, nor does she own anything close to a controlling interest of the company's stock. According to Heinz itself, the Heinz family trust which Mrs. Kerry inherited sold most of its shares of Heinz stock back in 1995 and currently holds less than a 4% interest in the company.
    In 1995, Kerry wed Teresa Heinz, whom he first met in 1990. Mrs. Kerry was previously married for 25 years to Henry John Heinz III, who was a member of the founding family of the H.J. Heinz Company and represented Pennsylvania for twenty years in both the U.S. House of Representatives and the Senate prior to his death in a plane crash in 1991. Mrs. Kerry inherited a Heinz family fortune estimated at over $500 million.
    good job summerlove!

carbonmarine
    The story is he owns & continues to purchase equities and thus he directly benifits from these Benedict Arnolds ...
    Much in the way I do, but at least I admit it, dont try to downplay it. In fact, I whole heartedly support outsourcing ... New things a this way comes....
    Rick32

Dave C
    using your same logic Summerlove.
    Dick Cheney does not own Halliburton or have any financial ties and no longer manages it.
    so there you go.
    Whats good for the goose is good for the gander, right?

OGShocker
    After yesterday's bet, I thoughtwe might not have a need for more debates... Boy was I wrong.

summerlove
    Originally posted by carbonmarine
    The story is he owns & continues to purchase equities and thus he directly benifits from these Benedict Arnolds ...
    Rick32
    He has no control over her "fortune" and their finances are separately maintained. Are you sure Mr. Sensation of your statement or is this just more of the propaganda that so eloquently spews from your fingers?

1978 Rogers
    Kerry promises to bring jobs back to the US from over sees. It's a free market. Labor is cheaper outside the United States. Is he going to subsidize manufacturing. Americans don't want to pay more for a product if they don't have to. How the hell can he bring oversea jobs back to the USA without tax payers flipping the bill?
    It is the Capitolistic way. Charge more and have it built for less.

summerlove
    Originally posted by OGShocker
    After yesterday's bet, I thoughtwe might not have a need for more debates... Boy was I wrong.
    oh, they're gonna get worse, uh, I mean better!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast