Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What wakeboard to buy 11 yr old girl.

bohica
    Need to pick up a wakeboard for my 11 yr. old daughter. She'll be a newbie at it, but is very athletic and picks up things fast. What should I buy her and what size?

summerlove
    Originally posted by bohica
    Need to pick up a wakeboard for my 11 yr. old daughter. She'll be a newbie at it, but is very athletic and picks up things fast. What should I buy her and what size?
    I have twin girls and when I bought their board they were 11 as well. They get up quick and most likely a mid range board should be ok. Pass on sports authority/big 5 and the like and go to a water sports store. Bring her n and get her fitted for the board, bindings, etc. We got a CWB that is not a beginner board but one that will last for a few years. The bindings are expensive as you need to change when the feet get too big.
    You'll also need a wakboard tow rope - the ski ropes have too much stretch in them, and the wb ropes are tight, and expensive.
    It's cool to watch them improve - mine are now catching air and have also moved on to a wake skate (a wake board with no bindings). Good luck, it'll set you back about 3 bills for the board, bindings and tow line.

Powerquestboy
    Originally posted by summerlove
    I have twin girls and when I bought their board they were 11 as well. They get up quick and most likely a mid range board should be ok. Pass on sports authority/big 5 and the like and go to a water sports store. Bring her n and get her fitted for the board, bindings, etc. We got a CWB that is not a beginner board but one that will last for a few years. The bindings are expensive as you need to change when the feet get too big.
    You'll also need a wakboard tow rope - the ski ropes have too much stretch in them, and the wb ropes are tight, and expensive.
    It's cool to watch them improve - mine are now catching air and have also moved on to a wake skate (a wake board with no bindings). Good luck, it'll set you back about 3 bills for the board, bindings and tow line.
    Thats good advise! Get them something they can grow into. A good non strech rope helps a ton, its expensive to get into at first but if you buy good stuff you will have it forever. Dont be scared to get them a decent size board that they can grow into. You might have to get small bindings and change those when they get older. Try ebay.

chub
    bohica, are you going this weekend or what? I know you don't be a cheap a## on this and get the good stuff for once. Will you be sportin the new ride for my birthday shindig the 14th? Can't wait for a ride.

simple
    Two important facts you need to know:
    1/ Length of board
    2/ Weight of board
    Connelly (CWB) makes a perfect size wakeboard for kids. it is 123 CM long & very light. The good thing about it is it has great boots that are EZ on & off. We bought for our kids (9 & 12) & it works great. We paid $165 on sale.

bohica
    Any particular makes and models I should be looking for?

summerlove
    Any particular makes and models I should be looking for?
    try CWB. they are of a higher quality than the chain store variety. Like I said before, take her to the store with you and have the professionals help you select the boards that is right for her...

lucky
    any one she wants

bohica
    Any good referrals to a good ski/wakeboard shop around the Diamond Bar/North Orange County area?

summerlove
    Any good referrals to a good ski/wakeboard shop around the Diamond Bar/North Orange County area?
    water ski world in santa ana (714) 667-0331
    Water Ski World (http://www.waterskiworld.org/index.html)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast