Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What's to do in Salt Lake

napster
    Gonna be in Salt Lake City from 9/10-9/15 for a conference. What's one to do out there? Any fun spots? Kool bars, etc.. I'll be at the Grand America hotel, never been there before so I want to ask some of you folks who live in/near the area.
    Are there any kool lakes nearby? Maybe I can rent a boat or hang with some of you. Maybe there's a party/bbq and I can get invited I'll bring the beer.

Boatcop
    What's to do in Salt Lake
    Float.

gnarley
    Having fun in the state of Mormon is against the law. You might be able to go to church or go see the tabernacle choir.

clownpuncher
    Not a whole lot to do if you're used to big city stuff. For as large of a city it is, it's kinda boring to me. The place closes down way too early.
    Downtown, dinner at Trolly Square (Mall), Rodesios is a brazilian style restaurant. If you're a meat eater this is the place to go. Like 20 different types of meat to choose from. Have just one or all 20. Good food and all you can eat, but much classier than than any typical buffet and it has a full bar. Lots of other eating places in Trolly Square too.
    Port-o-call is a local little bar/grill. You have to buy memberships in drinking places to get in. Like 5 bucks and it lasts a year or so.
    There are a few more places to go and I can drive ya there I just can't remember the names.
    A couple of pseudo-strip clubs in the industrial section.
    The best luck we've had finding places is asking the locals, like your server/bartender at Rodesios, where they like to go. We've also had good luck asking cab drivers. Be careful, if they're Mormon, they won't be so willing to send you to the fun places. Find a good ol boy cabbie to ask.
    Whatever you don't bring a gun. You might get so bored you'd be tempted to kill yourself.
    SLC is a beautiful city though and lots of cool things to look at.

RiverOtter
    Drive up to Park City. Over Easter I saw Blues Traveler in a small bar. Can't remember the name of it but it was very cool in on the main drag in Park City.

rivercrazy
    Find yourself a few extra wives !

HalletDave
    Originally posted by rivercrazy
    LMAO

Dr. Eagle
    You could always convert, I am sure they are looking for some more good bike riders...

Keith E. Sayre
    I was raised in Provo which is about 30 minutes south of Salt Lake City. Just set your watch back about 15 years and you'll
    be OK with it!
    If it isn't snowing yet, take a 40 minute ride to Park City in the
    early evening and ride the chair lift up to the top of Pay Day ski run and ride the little cars down the chutes. It's very fast and
    out of control but fairly safe. Then go to Main Street Pizza and
    Pasta for dinner in Park City. Tell Rick Smith that you're a boat
    junkie and he'll take good care of you!
    Keith Sayre
    Conquest Boats
    Lake Havasu City
    928-680-1400

Misogynist
    Originally posted by rivercrazy
    Hey!.... My grandmother was the youngest child of the second wife..... tee hee..... I escaped SLC 15 years ago....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast