Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Windsor Beach fatal accident

KACHINA KEN
    Even though I am tending to believe the loss of power thing in the 21' only because of the time of accident and where it happened that Anno gentleman is soooo ****ed now, hope everyone make it through OK, 11 year and a 15 month old on board too this sucks

bigkatboat
    Wakeless speeds 30 minutes after sunset. That law refers to, GOING SLOWLY when the sun goes down. You are at fault, if you are going faster that "wakeless speeds" 30 minutes after sunset. If you have a "total electrical failure" make one person your 'look-out', and try to make some kind of light (any color). Even a mirror will reflect light back to an on coming boat.

Kilrtoy
    Why do people continue to get wasted and drive.
    Jesus christ, get a person who is sober or stay sober yourself

locogringo
    this is really really sad. In the report I read conflicting statements. It started off saying that Lance had died but at the end said that his wife and he were air evacted out later.
    Anyone know for sure? I'm hoping for the family's sake that he makes it!

LUVNLIFE
    It was the mother and a son that were airlifted not the father.

Seadog
    We had a all too frequent tragedy happen on Grand Lake last week. Two guys (60 & 61) left a local lounge, in the town near the dam, in a 23' Fountain and ran into a 28' Trojan in the dark. The Trojan made it into the marina, but the Fountain sank instantley. They found one of the guys hangin on to a fender and some debris in the dam wall. The other guy probably got sucked through the gates or generators.

GreatWhite007
    Hey Gang,
    This sport of ours (boating) is gonna go bye-bye at this rate, killing a person every couple weeks ain't gonna cut it.
    Lets be honest, the public has a dim view of 'sport boaters' already, and this adds fuel to the fire.
    I never see a boat pull into the marina for food or water, it is always a group of dehydrated, sunburned young people buying beer!
    Ok, I know I am stereotyping to a degree, but if you are honest, it is not that much of a stretch.
    BE CAREFUL, but mostly BE RESPONSIBLE and we can all have fun!
    Great White

MagicMtnDan
    What a tragedy! An entire family devastated while boating because of a POS operating a boat under the influence. You're right, it's not surprising that this low-life had an outstanding warrant out for his arrest. It's a shame that he wasn't behind bars instead of out boating while intoxicated changing the lives of an entire family forever.

HavasuDreamin'
    Our sport/hobby is going to cease to exist if this sh*t doesn't stop.
    God speed.

BADAXE
    I don't get how people think it's safe to go fast at night. And by fast I mean anything fast enough to be on plane.
    Just in case I want to, or get stuck having to, boat at night I always have a big spot light that works off of ac power stored on my boat. And I have a big Mag lite flash light as a back up if I lose power. The first thing I do if I lose power at night is grab my flash light and my flare kit and be on close look out. If I see or hear any boats I'm shooting a flare and waving the flash light like a wild man.
    Please if you are going to boat at night BE PREPARED!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast