Thread: Parker Accident?

shadow
    Anybody know what Happened this afternoon?We were at the north sandbar across from sundance and then we saw police boat and rescue boat and ambulance all across from us Just north of foxes.Then 2 helicopters,They flew someone out.hope it wasn,t to serious.
    One other thing,the pilot of the helicopter was amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Flew up and set the helicopter down right behind the cabanas on the the road between the houses and cabanas.Tight spot to say the least.

Tyson Ross
    Around 5pm there was a jetski accident just south of Redrock. They apparenlty used Miraleste Shores as a LZ. Punctured lung? Hour later at Echo a male had a head injury. Not sure what happened. Helicopter sent there also. :frown:

Kilrtoy
    Do people just not care anymore,
    10 years ago accidents like this were rare.
    granted it was a lot less crowded, but this type of stuff was rare

Originally posted by Kilrtoy
    Do people just not care anymore,
    10 years ago accidents like this were rare.
    granted it was a lot less crowded, but this type of stuff was rare
    10 years ago there wasn't (quite as many) PWC's nor was there hardly any big boats and no wakeboard boats on a strip of water 200 feet wide in most spots. Nor do I think alcohol use was as prevelent by boat drivers as it is today (prolly get flamed on that one but oh well).
    Hmmmm.

riverbound
    Originally posted by Rexone
    10 years ago there wasn't (quite as many) PWC's nor was there hardly any big boats and no wakeboard boats on a strip of water 200 feet wide in most spots. Nor do I think alcohol use was as prevelent by boat drivers as it is today (prolly get flamed on that one but oh well).
    Hmmmm.
    Don't worry about the flaming, I agree with you.
    The instant access to cheap financing and the ability to pull equity out of your home to pay for a boat has brought a whole new demographic to our lakes and rivers. I had a customer the other day who just bought his first boat, It was a 26 daytona w/ a 525hp. He has never driven a boat before and now is going to take it out and learn with a boat like that. The manufactureer didnt even take him out to teach how to run this boat they just took the check and let him have it. We all love boating, but it is only a matter of time before the Govt. steps in and ruins it for us.

Havasu_Dreamin
    Originally posted by riverbound
    I had a customer the other day who just bought his first boat, It was a 26 daytona w/ a 525hp. He has never driven a boat before and now is going to take it out and learn with a boat like that. The manufactureer didnt even take him out to teach how to run this boat they just took the check and let him have it.
    In no way should a newbie be driving a boat like that!

Screemy1
    I am new to jet boats, but I drove a QST 33 in the navy. It was a 18' with a modified deep v. To get signed off for my quals as an operator they made us go through the coast guard traing course and then we had to go threw 20 hours of driving at various speeds and water conditions, launching and recovering the boat before we were "on our own". I don't want mandatory training for all, but I think something has to be done..... If you see me on the lake, I am the over cautious one that very rarly ever opens it up all the way.... Give me another season with this boat... Drive to your experiance....

riverliver
    Anyone hear anymore Info. on this......???????