Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 78 Kachina 19'

nowheels
    Lookin 4 pros and cons on this hull
    Also are there any problem areas that I should look for
    Thanks

BrendellaJet
    Southwind copy. Reportedly good to about 85 mph. Squirtcha? is getting close to this speed and from what I hear has no ill handling. Hell be here soon to tell you about the rest. Overall a good boat I think.

I'm running one and I have two buddies that I boat with on a regular basis that have em too. We're all real happy with our boats. I had heard somewhere that they would get squirrelly after 85 mph but I can neither prove, nor disprove it. My best gps pass to date was 88.9 mph and I didn't get nervous during that particular pass, so it must not be too bad.
    In short, I think they're a good solid hull and can be made to go pretty fast with relative ease.

nowheels
    Thanks 4 the info; anybody else have anything?

TIMINATOR
    They are a lightweight, smooth water boat. The rougher the lake/ the slower the squirrely speed. Check very well for structural cracks around the intake and transom area, also around the dash/"windshield" area. It takes very little HP to make 'em run, but if the lake gets rough, plan on parking it till sundown. If ya wanna see a lot of 'em, just check out the Phoenix area lakes in the afternoon, they're lined up on the beach. I've had several, still got a Hawaiian, same thing just a longer/ pointier nose, looks sleeker. Free advice is worth what you paid for it.... TIMINATOR

cave
    I like mine, Its a 18.6" with a BBc. Stock motor sept the Bastetts, Demon carb, MSD Ign & dist & Hydrolic place diverter. I like it alot.

Not sure what beach Timinator is talking about. I'm in Phoenix and I run mine in the rough all the time. Then again, I'm at the lake pretty much every weekend and I've only seen Timinator with his boat at the lake once in the past year.
    He is right about what would be the windshield area (if they had one) they all seem to develop cracks in that area. Ours all have em, although It's not to the detriment of the boat's structural integrity near as I can tell.
    None of ours have any cracks around the intake or transom and they're all 25+ years old. So much for that theory.

cave
    Saguaro gets purdy rough. Im out there with the ski nautiques & Malibu's.
    With the Place its not so bad. If it gets too rough I Head back to the beach. Not to put her away, to pick up my kidney belt
    No ski boat wave maker going to keep me off no lake. Now Monsoon, thats different. 3' rollers get scary when your jumping them like your on a dirt bike.

TIMINATOR
    Was at Bartlett the last 6 out of 7 Sundays, haven't missed a boat weekend since early May. Haven't seen You either. Everyone has an opinion. Everyone seems to prefer what they have. I have both the Hawaiian and the Daytona,I prefer the Daytona. TIMINATOR

TIMINATOR
    Cave; look me up some weekend and I'll take ya on a RIDE! You will rethink your position on v bottom boats at 80-90+ in the afternoon on Saguaro in a Daytona. TIMINATOR

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast