Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Lake Whitney, TX

OMEGA_BUBBLE_JET
    considering a trip here with the family later this season and was curious if anyone could recommend some cabins to stay in. We will have a 19' jet and a 23' outboard boat and would like somewhere we could launch. I have heard it is a beautiful lake and look forward to vacationing there. Any suggestions? oh yeah good restaraunts would be good to know also. Thanks
    Omega

Infomaniac
    Are you going to Garry Snow's BBQ? It is a blast.
    We stayed at some cabins close to Plowman's last time we went. Not fancy but did the job.

rrrr
    This is the place to stay.... Nice folks and good accomodations.
    Indian Lodge Resort (http://www.indianlodge.com/)
    Have the dates been announced yet?

OMEGA_BUBBLE_JET
    excellent! thanks for the recommendation, that is exactly what I am looking for.
    Info- I was not aware of any BBQ going on up there. we might try to go within the next month or so. What weekend is this BBQ to take place?
    how are they on ot headers on lake whitney? I hope I won't get any tickets
    Omega

rrrr
    It was the first weekend in October last year. There is a wide creek inlet at the State Park campground that is big enough for some friendly speed contests.
    We had a bit of trouble with the Corps of Engineers last year over supposed misbehavior, so I'm not sure about noise regs. It is sorta in the boonies at the North end of the lake. All the marinas are at the other end of the lake.
    Lake Whitney website (http://www.swf-wc.usace.army.mil/whi...ages/Index.htm)

OMEGA_BUBBLE_JET
    Originally posted by rrrr
    It was the first weekend in October last year. There is a wide creek inlet at the State Park campground that is big enough for some friendly speed contests.
    We had a bit of trouble with the Corps of Engineers last year over supposed misbehavior, so I'm not sure about noise regs. It is sorta in the boonies at the North end of the lake. All the marinas are at the other end of the lake.
    Lake Whitney website (http://www.swf-wc.usace.army.mil/whi...ages/Index.htm)
    well that sounds like fun! I wouldn't be any competetion on the speed runs but I can make alot of noise is there any way to find out what weekend so I can kind of nail down plans soon.
    Omega

Infomaniac
    It is the same weekend every year.
    Weekend after the Smokin in the cove drag race in Arkansas.
    I had my Cougar out there with zoomies year before last.
    The corp is more concerned with 4 wheelers in the park that what happens on the water.
    Noise on a normal weekend?
    Come out here if you want to blast around and not worry about noise.

SHAKE-YO-AZZ
    count me in

rrrr
    Originally posted by Infomaniac
    It is the same weekend every year.
    Weekend after the Smokin in the cove drag race in Arkansas.
    I had my Cougar out there with zoomies year before last.
    The corp is more concerned with 4 wheelers in the park that what happens on the water.
    Noise on a normal weekend?
    Come out here if you want to blast around and not worry about noise.
    Info, was that your red picklefork at the Indian Lodge? I parked my flattie next to it overnights and talked to the owner a bit.
    SHAKE-YO-AZZ, you gonna tow all the way to Texas? Sounds like a great idea. After all, next week I'm goin' to Laughlin for CBBB. Just a lil' 1100 mile jaunt.

SHAKE-YO-AZZ
    Originally posted by rrrr
    Info, was that your red picklefork at the Indian Lodge? I parked my flattie next to it overnights and talked to the owner a bit.
    SHAKE-YO-AZZ, you gonna tow all the way to Texas? Sounds like a great idea. After all, next week I'm goin' to Laughlin for CBBB. Just a lil' 1100 mile jaunt.
    Its only gas I need to see more southern ladies

Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... LastLast