Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Boat wipe down

phebus
    I was admiring how nice my friends boat looked today, and he said the trick is what he uses to wipe it down at the end of the day. He uses 50/50 Suave hair conditioner and water. Says it removes the water spots, doesn't take off your wax, doesn't streak, and leaves a beautifull shine. It looked good.

Debbolas
    Originally posted by phebus
    I was admiring how nice my friends boat looked today, and he said the trick is what he uses to wipe it down at the end of the day. He uses 50/50 Suave hair conditioner and water. Says it removes the water spots, doesn't take off your wax, doesn't streak, and leaves a beautifull shine. It looked good.
    Really?
    We use vinegar and water and a shammie

phebus
    That's what I have used in the past, but he says this won't remove your wax, and actually makes the boat look better. I'm going to buy some at the store tomorrow, and will let you know how it works.

Scream
    Hey, at least he uses the cheap stuff.

HAULNZ
    Tried some of Warlock 25's Frenzy Spray wax on the last trip to the river, and it worked better than anything I have ever used. I was able to spray and wipe down our boat by myself in about 5 minutes. I did this in the heat of the afternoon and it left no streaks. I would highly recommend it.

HCS
    No..No...No....No. Vinager takes the smell away. Nothing else.
    If you want to keep your boat clean, everytime you pull it out of
    the water, you and your buddies wipe it down.
    Or you and your wife.

Debbolas
    Originally posted by HAULNZ
    Tried some of Warlock 25's Frenzy Spray wax on the last trip to the river, and it worked better than anything I have ever used. I was able to spray and wipe down our boat by myself in about 5 minutes. I did this in the heat of the afternoon and it left no streaks. I would highly recommend it.
    I need to try this!!!

phebus
    Originally posted by HAULNZ
    I bought a bottle, and it is the best!! But, it is empty and I am looking for a cheaper alternative. I go through a lot of that shit, but the boat looks good.

franky
    Yes indead, the Sauve works great. It does remove the spots, leaves a nice shine too. But only use about 10-15% Sauve Conditioner to 85-90% water otherwise you will be wipen like a fool.
    The coconut Sauve makes the boat smell good also, kinda tropical.
    This was really a Cole owners thing, but now its out!

NashvilleBound
    I will try the Suave thing. I use furniture polish (pledge or ZEP)when were done for the day as it coats the sled real nice and takes any crap off. I doubt it would remove hard water spots, but we dont have those out here:yuk: Then again we dont have choppy water either.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast