Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nitrous Oxide...

RoostKing
    Just beginning to think about getting a jet boat. Love any big block motor(used to run a 500 CI stroker Dodge 440 in a 69 Barracuda) and need to hear that thunder again, after riding a 2 stoke banshee for years(is i a stroker of course!)
    One question. Out of all the threads I have read, not one mention of Nitrous oxide as a power additive??? Why is that, or is it not practical on a jet boat. Be blunt, im a newbie, I can handle the truch..
    Roostking..

fourspeednup
    Do a search on the topic...it's used all the time and peeps love to talk about it. May want to pm sqirtcha? on the boards, I remember he was running laughing gas

Hotcrusader76
    RoostKing...
    It's not necessarily the reason of being "suitable" or not as much as the experience level of some of those on this forum. Consider leaping over to the Gearheads section of this forum and post the question again. You may find a wealth of information from a few folks experienced with the bottle
    ~Ty
    BTW...welcome to ***boat!

UBFJ #454
    Go to our website and you'll see a Big n2o Motor ... Ms. Moneypenny.
    We're currently running a single stage Wilson ProFlow n2o System through one of their sheet metal intakes ... The intake was built and flowed with/for two bungs for injectors. We are setup for multiple stages of shots up to 500 each, but, haven't needed it as yet as we are still dialing in the hull, jet and hardware and have never used more than a 250 shot.
    One comment I'd make about using n2o on a jet boat ... It can be done just fine ... You just have to know the world your stepping into and be careful ... Both in terms of the hardware And Boat Handling Issues ... Take our case for example: Our boat is purely a Race Boat ... We're making slightly over 1,275 Hp on gas (C-16) alone ... Add a 250 Shot and we're making just over 1,525 Hp ... The jet hardware setup is very different for the two different Hp's as the boat is totally different in terms of handling and hookup characteristics between the two Hp's. Just some things like that ... Plus if your going to put more than say a 150 shot to your motor and do it quite a bit, it ... the motor ... should be built to be a nitrous motor ... just adding alot of n2o to a stock motor can be a very, very expensive proposition in very short order.

Hotcrusader76
    Originally posted by BEAR_454PE
    Go to our website and you'll see a Big n2o Motor ... Ms. Moneypenny.
    We're currently running a single stage Wilson ProFlow n2o System through one of their sheet metal intakes ...
    I got to see this set-up at P.R.I last year. I was really impressed with Wilsons stuff. They've always put out quality CNC stuff.
    ~Ty

UBFJ #454
    P.R.I.??? You mean Firebird? Bakersfield (Ming) might be closer for you ... We plan to be there the 25th & 26th of September for the Race ... 2004 Ming Fling.

Hotcrusader76
    No. I mean PRI...Performance Race Industry show in December. It's an aftermarket convention, members only to the industry. Check out their link.
    PRI Show (http://www.performanceracing.com/)

UBFJ #454
    Oops ... Been up alnight working and missed that ... We've Talked about going as invites are no problem ... We'll see. Our boat is on the back inside page of Wilson's current catalogue.

Hotcrusader76
    No kidding? I'll have to check it out when I get to the shop. Didn't even notice it. Cool.
    So...any complaints or corrections you'd like seen done with the Pro-flow system? I was really impressed with their stuff...but I wanted to know if there was a downside at all.
    ~Ty

RoostKing
    Cool, thanks guys!
    RoostKIng...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast