Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: These "political" threads...

91nordic29
    these "political" threads always bring me to the same conclusion:
    there are some people wo are WAY out in left field, the ones you guys refer to as commie pinko fag tree huggers, etc. there are also some people that are so out to the right, it is scary. jerry falwell, and those militant groups that live out in the boonies and train for some sort of armageddon (sp).
    but, i think that most of us are somewhere in the middle and really dont want anything too much different that the guy next to you; we love our country, we are sick of terrorism, sick of being taxed to friggen death on everything over and over and over again, i could go on.
    there are bound to be some hot points (abortion, immigration, etc) but i think we are all alot closer than we think. too close for name - calling and the likes.
    i digress...

Debbolas
    It would be nice if we could have a political discussion without resorting to the name calling.........(you deck dancer you!) lol

summerlove
    while it may not appear to be, I am actually a moderate democrat. I have very conservative family values, am fiscally conservative yet my social conscious is more left than center.
    I agree 100% with your comments, however.

Jeanyus
    I think you already said that.
    I'm sticking with the carbs, cause I'm thinking that trial lawers are really good at taking money out of other peoples pockets, and will tell any lie to achieve thier goals.
    2 lawers in the white house, prepare to get raped, finacially.

summerlove
    Originally posted by Jeanyus
    I think you already said that.
    I'm sticking with the carbs, cause I'm thinking that trial lawers are really good at taking money out of other peoples pockets, and will tell any lie to achieve thier goals.
    2 lawers in the white house, prepare to get raped, finacially.
    Kerry was not a trial Lawyer, he was a prosecuter. as in going after the bad guys.

Jeanyus
    If it looks like d duck, walks like a duck, quacks like a duck,
    Then it must be a duck.

Dave C
    I agree. No need for name calling.
    we can have a civil "argument" without pissing on each other.
    well most of us can at least.

summerlove
    Originally posted by Jeanyus
    If it looks like d duck, walks like a duck, quacks like a duck,
    Then it must be a duck.
    So it's ok to misrepresent Kerry as a trial lawyer when in fact he was a prosecuter?

eliminatedsprinter
    I enjoy the debates, but I could do without the name calling that is directed at members of these boards. Calling the dems in Ca's legislature left wing Whackos etc is fine, because that is really the most polite way to discribe them. But calling the people we are talking to on these boards names or telling them to shut up is uncalled for. Unless it is very clearly done in jest (I mean we don't want to get all PC and uptight here do we).

Jeanyus
    Ok you win. Kerry was a prosecutor. If you hang around lawers all the time , work with lawers, chances are you are going to start thinking like them.
    You should read about how Edwards , 1 man, put the entire, obstetrics profession, out of business, in the state of Louisiana.
    He won the lawsuit on a lame technicality, and it snowballed, huge setelments being awarded. To poor people, who claimed that their babys were injured during child birth. They could not prove that the babys were injured by the proceedure used, but the docters cuold not prove that the procedure didn't injure the child.
    Maybee this is the way the Dems plan on helping the poor.
    The only problem is that, a few poor people got some money, Edwards got rich, and doctors wont touch a pregnant woman.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast