Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help Hydraulic Place Diverter doesn't work!

dekmaster
    Hi guys,
    I just installed the hydraulic place diverter. I hooked everything up correctly. I checked 20 times. The problem is this when I flip the switch the motor turns on and the transmission fluid flows through the hoses. The problem is that it doesn't actuate the cylinder. I took the lines off of the cylinder and when I turn the pump on it spews fluid from both hoses. No matter what I do I can't make the diverter actuate the cylinder.
    I'm going on a week long trip on Friday and tomorrow is the last day for me to get this going. If not I'm going back to the stock nozzle.
    Thanks to all,
    Dennis

Jetdriver
    You need to keep going up and down for a minute to bleed the air out of your cylinder. That should work to solve your problem.

Mohavekid
    Have you checked to make sure something is not binding up? Will the diverter move up and down manually? Disconnect the cylinder hoses and check.
    The cylinder does take some time to bleed the air out, but not too much.

Make sure you have the negative wire directly attached to the battery and the positive set up on a hot wire that does not require the key to be turned on!

I don't run a hydraulic diverter, but every other hydaulic pump I know of only "squirts" from one line at a time. Up from one hose, down from the other. Is something different with this setup?

victorfb
    did you use a switch other than what came with the diverter? you need to use the correct switch and with the diods so the power only goes through the wire one direction. it sounds like you are trying to pump the cylinder with both lines at the same time. hence the no movement.

dekmaster
    The switch that came with the diverter doesn't have a diode. The diverter moves up and down fine manually.
    Dennis

victorfb
    i believe the diods are built into the switch. it should have 6 post terminals. are we correct in our understanding that when the switch is activated that both lines squirt at the same time? if so, the problem may just be that you connected the switch incorrectly.

dekmaster
    What kind of diodes are they?
    Dennis

dekmaster
    Does any one have information on how to hook these diodes up? I broke the original switch, and I bought a new one from ACE. Can I buy these diodes at radioshack? and install them?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast