Thread: Noise

Tom Brown
    Is anyone working on a J2005 noise solution for outboards? I'm thinking it wouldn't be too tough to make something that will fit into the dual releif holes under the divider plate and something that will go into/over the snout on an offshore mid.

CrazyHippy
    Is anyone working on a J2005 noise solution for outboards? I'm thinking it wouldn't be too tough to make something that will fit into the dual releif holes under the divider plate and something that will go into/over the snout on an offshore mid.
    They already have a solution.... Hydraulic Jackplates :sqsmile:
    At idle, i'm reasonably sure i'm legal, as the exhaust exits a ways under water. On plane though... I'm probably not legal
    BJH

Kim Hanson
    They already have a solution.... Hydraulic Jackplates :sqsmile:
    At idle, i'm reasonably sure i'm legal, as the exhaust exits a ways under water. On plane though... I'm probably not legal
    BJH
    Mine is the same CH, loud as hell out of the water.......( . )( . )........ :eek!:

No worries Tom the sheriff will never be able to get 39" from the transom and still see the noise meter through all the smoke.

Tom Brown
    For a minute there, I thought I was in Bench Racers.
    Actually, I don't think we have noise regulations up here. At the very least, they aren't enforced.
    I just think my boat is a little loud. Also, I might want to head down to Parker one day to race Bubbles.

lucky
    For a minute there, I thought I was in Bench Racers.
    Actually, I don't think we have noise regulations up here. At the very least, they aren't enforced.
    I just think my boat is a little loud. Also, I might want to head down to Parker one day to race Bubbles.
    that would be a short comming for you tom

HavasuDreamin'
    Just an FYI..........Burbanite tested my 2.4L Bridgeport with relieved exhaust last year. About 3' from the transom, I was at 87db. If you sink the exhaust under water, you definately have no worries at all.
    HD

sorry dog
    You could always use flowmasters like the car guys...

Wicky
    The noise law will be no problem but, I heard in 09 Canadian law will require spark arrestors on all watercraft!!