Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Uhg, Bassets...

Screemy1
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...t=7&thecat=500
    I am geting water in my oil?? My headers are the culprit, I'm sure of it.... The gate valve does not seem to do anything... Any ideas? Is it that the spring is too weak in the T valve? Help..... it is going to ruin my weekend...

BadBahner
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...t=7&thecat=500
    I am geting water in my oil?? My headers are the culprit, I'm sure of it.... The gate valve does not seem to do anything... Any ideas? Is it that the spring is too weak in the T valve? Help..... it is going to ruin my weekend...
    Bummer,
    Is water dripping out of your weep holes at idle? If it is then maybe your Tee is allowing water at low pressure. Maybe turn down your inlet valve a little bit. That is what I did to fix mine. Get a new spring too.
    Eric

Screemy1
    Yeah... I need to get a new spring... the valve didn't seem to make a differance... like I was spinning it for fun?? could a weak spring make the valve useless?? or bad valve too? and were would I get a new valve?? Home depot?? :eek!:

Jeanyus
    Do you have a pressure rudecing regulator.

HammerDown
    Check to see the ball is free of debris...before installing a pre filter for my headers this sometimes happened to me.
    Also check the spring, expand it a little or get a new one.

Floored
    bassett made a new style seat for the ball and now I havn't broken a spring or any probs for 2 years.

Screemy1
    What does it look like?? The water routes as follows: goes from pump to block, has one outlet below thermo housing that goes to Basset T valve and then to injecters for the headers.... then another outlet where the thermo would normally go that goes to a gate valve that then leads straight out the back of the transom. The water sprayed from the weap holes from the headers the entire time.... I took some pics, I will post em in a minute... or two

sleekvino
    First off your gate valve on the pump should only be opened about 1/2 way. Your temp on your motor should be 140'-160'. If your spring is bad in your bassett "T" valve then that is the problem otherwise your letting too much water in to your system. There should be no water whatsoever other than steam coming out of your headers at 1500 rpm +. If there is, you've got a problem. I put 2 ball valves to each side of my headers and regulated the water going in to them and it works fine. If any more ?'s, pm me.
    :yuk:

Floored
    it looks the same on the outside but they changed the seat area inside for the ball and it reduces the turbulance which gave the ball a vibration that would break the springs. i always carry 2 spare springs, in case anyways. I haven't reset my valves or broken a spring in 2 years and they were breaking about once every weekend before. Call them and ask, they were quite nice to me on the phone and even offered to overnight them to my motel when I was on vacation. to me thats service!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast