Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PCV system

roadagent
    Which is best on a 454 twin 4 barrel engine. A PVC valve with a hose running from the valve cover to the base of the carbs or a breather on the valve cover with a hose running to the top of the flame arresters? OR would one large breather in each valve cover be better? Thanks

timitunnel
    I prefer the carb base system better because if your motor is sealed right it will remove air from the crank case. This removes air from under the piston and you will have less chance of an oil leal. Tim

squirt
    Well you could have asked Jroos but......................... anyway if you run a pcv, I think the best way to do it is on the carb base, but vented valve covers are good too. Whatever it takes to get rid of the crankcase pressure is what your trying to do!

HOSS
    HHHHHMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!
    Now, let me see,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Wet Dream
    hehehe, I never noticed this topic before. Sorry, I just created another.

MikeF
    RA, It pretty much depends on the cam your using or how much blowby there is. Too big a cam and there is not going to be much vacuum to pull the PVC to evacuate the gasses to the manfold and if there is too much blowby the hose to the arrestor is the logical choice. Mike

HOSS
    Mikef, wonderful reply,,,but its not the total answer. Too much blowby? HHHHMMMM,,,,,,,,,,,,,,MikeF, you`re leavin` me guessin`.

superdave013
    We all know what I'm going to say. I say put a baffeled breather on each valve cover.

schiada96
    Yeah and those vacuum systems are too expensive. SD how is the assembly going??

HOSS
    come on guys,,,,,,thats how it started,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,lets end it,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,really answer,,,,,,,,,,,,,i really am for a pcv..................this guy is running stock,,,,,,,,,,,,please dude run the pcv valve,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ,,,,,,,,,,,,bud light

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast