Thread: Gear Vendor

Just Tool'n
    Does anyone have a old or used one laying around. Turbo 400 setup.
    A guy that works for me just bought a used tool truck, c/w a 454 gas motor.
    I think the rear end gear ratio is something like 7.13. Man does it love gas!
    Looking for on to put on this rig to help with the $75 a day habit to conduct business.

I have one. But its installed in an 81 Suburban. You can buy the whole truck for $2900. It runs but needs a valve job I think as it's got a little skip at idle, intermittant that I don't think is ignition. 454 - T400.
    The Gear Vendor in it needs a rebuild by Gear Vendor, bout $400 I think they charge with the updated electronics. Better than 2K + for a new unit. You could pull the Gear Vendor out and put a stock driveline back (which I think I still have) in the truck and probably get the GV for very little that way. I don't have time to screw around with it though just want to sell as is. The Sub would make someone a good work truck with a little mech work on the motor. It is currently filed non-op status which is how I'd want to sell it as I don't think it'll pass smog without fixing the idle miss.
    Btw this truck is painted red, decent paint job, would look good for a work truck capacity, although no longer show quality paint (few chips, normal wear and tear). Good tires (stock wheels), dropped 3 in the front 2 in the rear, 2WD, aftermarket front bucket seats (nice ones, Kustom Fit make I think). And it's got a later model (1990) front clip and GMC Grill with the later headlights than came with 81.

So I guess no one wants my Gear Vendors (with truck attached)... :frown:

Sleek-Jet
    So I guess no one wants my Gear Vendors (with truck attached)... :frown:
    Timming, it's all about timming... :hammerhea If I wasn't getting ready to buy a house, I'd take the Sub off your hand Mike.

Just Tool'n
    I am still talking to the guy that works for me about it!
    I am telling him go sell a huge amount of tools for 2 weeks, make enough money & lets go buy this thing.
    Mike how about e-mailing me some pics of it, then maybe this might motivate him into action.

I will wash it this weekend (been sitting) and shoot some pics. It's basically a stock looking 81 Sub slightly lowered with a 1990 style front grill and headlights, bright red with stock wheels. It looked pretty good in it's day when I had billet wheels on it. (they are on my 96 now) :smile:
    (ok so I drive old stuff, but it's paid for).. :rollside:

http://www.impywheels.com/images/redsub/redsubeng.jpg
    Note - truck has relatively new master cylinder and power unit, also a/c compressor and has been changed over to late refrigerant (not R12)
    The valve covers say 502... its a 454. Stock covers leaked like a bitch so I changed them to the late cast aluminum ones. No more leaky.
    http://www.impywheels.com/images/redsub/redsubeng2.jpg
    Also has MSD 6T box, Blaster coil, and HEI conversion kit
    http://www.impywheels.com/images/redsub/redsubint.jpg
    Front seat is aftermarket Kustom Fit in excellent condition. Center section folds up and down and has storage compartment under cushion. Driver and pass seats are real comfortable (much better than the old stock seat). I also have the 3rd rear seat which goes with it.
    Questions, let me know.