Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: People in need

Keithb87
    We took a family trip to Bartlett Lake today. The Blue Tank ran good for the most part. At the end of the day, me and 2 of my GF's cousins took an early evening cruise to the ramp.
    We had to wait for the trailer to make it to the ramp, so we made a pass, and ran around again. All of the sudden, the boat started to ran like crap, and the temp started to climb so I shut it down.
    :burningm: This is where it gets bad.
    We have the lights on, and the youngest and I start to yell for help. No one answers. There are at least 3 boats that I can see, and I know they could hear us.
    We sat for at least 20 minutes. I figured that it would cool down and we would be on our way. I tried to start it again, but she would not fire and there is quite a bit of water in the engine compartment. ( a broken hose or something) Anyway, I tie a rope to the bow hook and start to swim it in. The whole time the boys are yelling for help, and even offering $20 to pull us to the ramp. No response. :burningm: :burningm:
    We get back in to the boat and try to fire it again. It finaly fired so I put it into gear and it died. Tried to fire again, no luck...
    By now we are close to shore so I decide to walk it along the shore. (if you've ever been to Bartlett, you know that it can be pretty rocky.) I ended up swimming the boat across a cove, and I see a boat in the no wake zone. I holler to the guy, and offer him $20.00 to tow me in. and he says "F*CK YOU!"
    I offer him $50.00 and I get the same response. Now I'm Pissed!! :burningm: I yell to him that "KARMA WILL GET HIS ASS!!!!" ( I hope that it does soon.) Finally the rest of the family heard our cries for help, and came to our rescue. I only had to swim / walk the boat about 1 mile (or it at least seemed that far.)
    Anyway, If I was out on the lake, and I heard cries for help, I would go to investigate. Tow Whomever in for FREE. No questions asked. We (my family)always go that extra little bit to help out a person in need.
    It just pisses me off that so many people would be so unwilling to help out a person or people in need.
    Thanks to Some Kind of Monster for the help swimming it in for the last bit..His boat had an issue this trip too, a broken hose tha filled his boat up too.
    I'm off of my RANT for now. I just had to vent this to the HOT BOAT Family.
    KeithB87

Kilrtoy
    That sucks, I hate people like that, and you are right his day will come.

Always_Fresh
    ouch that is so not cool i hate people like that. me and my dad also like to help other boaters out in need. damn that just sucks that no one would even help

Outnumbered
    We almost took the boat out there today. I would have helped ya out if I was there. How was the weather? Forcast called for some wind so we decided to stay home and enjoy the pool. Damn hot today. I think it got up to about 112
    OL

JustMVG
    I have always helped someone, Karma is a Bit%h and if i ever need help i hope She's on my side that day, it seems the what i call "new" boating public has no respect for anyhing with regards to boating, "oh if i help that guy/gal i'll lose a precious hour of boating time, your day will come my friend.
    Sorry to hear about your predicament, the Me ME ME factor has hit the waterways, and you know if that guy had a problem and you just brushed HIM off you know he'd be wanting to go toe to toe w ya at the ramp, strange how things have become, and i haven't even started w the Lake Lice... But thats another rant for another day.
    Karma will get those that did not help and it will be big, just give it time, at least you got back and didn't sink or woirse get hit, someone was looking out for ya that day. Take care Mike VG

Keithb87
    We almost took the boat out there today. I would have helped ya out if I was there. How was the weather? Forcast called for some wind so we decided to stay home and enjoy the pool. Damn hot today. I think it got up to about 112
    OL
    We got there around 2:00. The water was a little choppy at first, and I think we were just behind the rain that came through. It was a good day till the end.

Keithb87
    and i haven't even started w the Lake Lice...
    That was another issue.... going the wrong way, cutting off boats pulling skiers..... :burningm:
    A Rant for another day.....

Some Kind Of Monster
    No kidding,
    Always help out. It's always nice to come back to the boards and see that there are good people out there. Too bad my boat took a crap. I would have given them the ole roost treatment. Those guys were real ass holes - in a whacka no less -

Some Kind Of Monster
    That was another issue.... going the wrong way, cutting off boats pulling skiers..... :burningm:
    A Rant for another day.....
    What about the guy pulling tandem skiers that kept going when one went down? I know we were both heading full throttle right for the poor guy. That's a scarry feeling.

Keithb87
    No kidding,
    Always help out. It's always nice to come back to the boards and see that there are good people out there. Too bad my boat took a crap. I would have given them the ole roost treatment. Those guys were real ass holes - in a whacka no less -
    You did give me the ROOST TREATMENT !!! at the begining of the day...
    Oh you meant them. OOPS...

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast