Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Panthers, do they suck or what?

Screemy1
    Mine loved sucked sea grass on sunday, wasn't a big deal.... my real question is REVERSE. Do you have to have that goofy cover on to have a usable reverse? Seems like mine just wants to throw water at the engine. Please spare me the typical Panther floggings ... If I knew now what I didn't know then the things I should of known back then, then I would have look for a berkley.... Gee anybody want to donate a year of their life and rebuild my boats rearend and make it take a Berkley :idea: ? Do I need the cover or is there something wrong?

Floored
    ask Cas in hb forums or on Banderlog forums, he's a panther nut I mean that in a good way though!!

Screemy1
    Thanks... I'll try and hunt him down

Jetdriver
    If you dont have the fiberglass housing over your pump you need to get it!

Bense468
    If you dont have the fiberglass housing over your pump you need to get it!
    Why is that. The boat will run without it. It just will look like s hit

Jetdriver
    Looks for one but the reverse bucket isnt the greatest and the fiberglass housing helps keep the water from spraying back into the boat.

AZKC
    Hmmm. Maybe its adjusted wrong. My Panther works great in reverse and I'm not aware of any water spraying into the boat. I've also ran with the cover on and off didn't really notice a difference. We just like it on cause it makes easier to get in the boat from the back. I have a deck over my motor.

Screemy1
    I will try with the cover on, I have an old one that looks pretty weathered. I like the way it looks without the cover.... maybe that is because the cover I have looks so bad, and the pump is so shiney and black. Just curious, if I spray paint the pump white... will the pump be able to handle more horseys , I sprayed the whole boat down with Pledge too, now I should break a hundred..... Is pledge really a good thing for the gel??
    Thanks for the help...

HOOTER SLED-
    I agree, reverse sucks in mine too. I used to have an 18 footer with a Jacuzzi. I could parallel park that bitch. Maybe because my new boat is a 21 footer and heavier???? I just have to time it better and use the gas more with the 21. The 18 I could just idle and get it where I wanted to go perfectly.

DeltaSigBoater
    I sprayed the whole boat down with Pledge too, now I should break a hundred..... Is pledge really a good thing for the gel??
    Thanks for the help...
    I've used Pledge before, but it was after the boat was washed before we towed it home, once home a quick hose off & wipe down to get all the dirt & road crap off. Worked really good. I dont think it will harm the gel any, but it will make the boat look shiny.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast