Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lemon oil??

BiesemeyerSquirt
    I looked at a 1985 boat the other day. It had its original finish on it, but the seller had a coat of lemon oil on it. The boat looked great for its age, but I can imagine it would get dusty very quick. Has anyone ever used lemon oil on a boat?

Bryan Rose
    I don't know

shirkey4750
    Have a friend who has used pledge for years on his gelcoat. It stays beautiful and no it does not collect dust. It puts the oils back in the gel coat and keeps it from drying out.

19Kona
    I was told to use pledge between washes on my corvette. Used to do it, and it actually looked good. Now I just use the spray wax.

XClutchboy725
    You know.... I've been thinking about the same thing! We use to use pledge on our Funny Car bodies. It made it much easier to get the tire rubber and stuff off between rounds. I'd bet it would work good on gel-coat.

FOURQ
    i use pledge on my sprint car it helps clean the mud off between heats. my pops used it on his race boat for years too he even did the bottom with it.
    4Q

Lightning
    I have a friend who uses pledge on the interior, his boat is 10 years old and the upholstery is still buttery soft.

572Daytona
    I think lemon oil is a natural sun screen so it would prevent fading

HammerDown
    When I had my interior done last year I was told to ues Pledge. But I also thought it would collect dirt mostly from towing, and I didn't think it offered any type of UV protection. So I use 303 Protectant...their web site say's it's great for gel coat also.

HalletDave
    When I had my interior done last year I was told to ues Pledge. But I also thought it would collect dirt mostly from towing, and I didn't think it offered any type of UV protection. So I use 303 Protectant...their web site say's it's great for gel coat also.
    Hammer,
    Does the 303 protectant leave any oily residue at all?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast