Thread: Bahner Info?

El Prosecutor
    What do you think a mid-80's 18-19' Bahner hull is worth? Possible project boat, no motor, gutted interior, 12JC-A (cond. unknown) dual axle trailer with bad tires and some rust.
    Original gel but has been exposed to weather for a long time.

502 JET
    Got any pics?

El Prosecutor
    Got any pics?
    No pics. It appears to have been parked and forgotten for over a decade.

YeLLowBoaT
    I would go chat with the owner... some times you can pick them up for almost nothing.
    500 sounds like a good starting place.

502 JET
    No pics. It appears to have been parked and forgotten for over a decade.
    If thats the case offer to remove it for free.

olbiezer
    the lower the better id say i did a total restore and paint once and it ended up costing me alot more that i could ever get for the boat and it looked great in my opinion,,,,,,

SmokinLowriderSS
    Sounds like a complete restore, which I have nothing against, but I don't think I'd go MORE than about $500. I think free for the favor of removing their "eyesore" would be most apropriate. :idea:

Cas
    There was a 19' that sold around here for $800. It was also sitting in the field but the gel was still in workable condition, trashed interior, JC pump, had some stringer work done and came with a fairly fresh BBC and almost new Bassett OT headers. The engine had a tunnel ram, both carbs and a few other goodies one it.
    The trailer was in rather good shape with pretty nice wheels and good tires. Someone got a decent deal on it providing they were going to put it back together and run it for a few years.
    Given all that, it will also depend on which hull it is. The tunnel hulls were pretty good, Jeanyus on the boards has one. Depending on which v bottom it might be, it may have a Rogers 18 bottom like the one I have or if it's a 19, it probably has a Southwind type bottom. I'm not sure about the SW, just what I was told.
    Maybe old rigger will chime in with his thoughts

El Prosecutor
    It is not a tunnel. I don't know the dif between the SW and the Rogers bottom. The shape of the hull looks pretty much like Taylorman's '76 Taylor, just severely weathered. I guess the gel could be buffed out - there wasn't any visible damage, cracks etc. - just weathered. I have a single axle trailer right now, so the trailer alone might be worth something.