Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Droop

JET-O-VATOR
    Can You Run A Droop With A Jet-o-vator ( Not A Place Diverter) It Doesnt Look Like It Will Work Because Of All The Linkage Involved It A Jet-o-vator........ I Want To Try One To See If It Will Get Me More Out Of The Water

Taylorman
    I don't know about a droop but i know a jet o vator wont work on a split bowl.

JET-O-VATOR
    B.s It Works Great I Have One .. It Only Works On A Split Bowl.....

Jetovaters will work with a split bowl. You just have to rotate the part with the pins holes in it by 90 degrees. Unfortunately they won't work with a droop. That's why I sold my jetovator and bought a PD unit.
    Actually, you can run a jetovator on a non-split bowl pump (Berk JC), but you have to remove, and rotate the entire bowl 90 degrees so the pin holes are running side to side rather than up and down. This unfortunately puts your filler holes for the bowl lube sideways too. With all the other diverters the steering knuckle is first in line (pins vertical), then the diverter. With a jetovator it's vice versa (pins horizontal).
    If you were to do a Berk JC pump this way.................you wouldn't be the first.
    Can't be done with a droop for obvious reasons. Pins are all vertical on a droop, or snoot. Rotating the droop 90 degrees wouldn't work out so well.

Taylorman
    Jetovaters will work with a split bowl. You just have to rotate the part with the pins holes in it by 90 degrees. Unfortunately they won't work with a droop. That's why I sold my jetovator and bought a PD unit.
    Actually, you can run a jetovator on a non-split bowl pump (Berk JC), but you have to remove, and rotate the entire bowl 90 degrees so the pin holes are running side to side rather than up and down. This unfortunately puts your filler holes for the bowl lube sideways too. With all the other diverters the steering knuckle is first in line (pins vertical), then the diverter. With a jetovator it's vice versa (pins horizontal).
    If you were to do a Berk JC pump this way.................you wouldn't be the first.
    Can't be done with a droop for obvious reasons. Pins are all vertical on a droop, or snoot. Rotating the droop 90 degrees wouldn't work out so well.
    I had a jet o vator on a non split bowl on my e pump and it worked fine. I bought a split bowl with nozzle adapter and the linkage would not allow the nozzle to turn all the way left and right. I did not have to turn the non split bowl 90 degrees to make it work. I don't understand why you would have to turn the bowl to make it work. Can you explain.

I had a jet o vator on a non split bowl on my e pump and it worked fine. I bought a split bowl with nozzle adapter and the linkage would not allow the nozzle to turn all the way left and right. I did not have to turn the non split bowl 90 degrees to make it work. I don't understand why you would have to turn the bowl to make it work. Can you explain.
    Kevin, I've known plenty of people who have had Jet-o-Vators on split bowls.
    The element of a Jet-O-Vator that connects to the bowl is the "trim" element. Since it pivots up/down, the pin bosses on the bowl must be oriented horizontally. It doesn't matter whether it is a one-piece bowl or a split bowl. This is the reason a Jet-O-Vator wont work on a droop, as the droop's pin bosses are vertical and the droop cant be rotated.
    I suspect that what you actually had was the JF-style nozzle. It uses an odd looking "yoke" setup to provide both steering and trim function with only one "element" as opposed to the two "elements" of a Jet-O-Vator or diverter. The pin bosses on the JF are oriented vertically.
    Did it look like this?
    http://www.cpperformance.com/images/...A-BERKEL~8.JPG

The pin holes on a Berk JC are oriented up and down for the steering of the nozzle. The jetovator needs to have it's pins side to side or horizontal because the diverter (up and down) is first in line, then the steering.
    If I had a picture of a JC bowl and jetovator/Place Diverter, you'd see it right away.

Taylorman
    This is what i had.
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...P_3440-med.JPG
    My pins were vertical on the bowl. When i tried to install it on a split bowl. The linkage would not allow it to turn full left or right.
    Hey Squitcha. What differences did you notice when you went from the jet o vator to your place? My jet o vator threw one nice looking rooster tail but i want to add a droop and hyd diverter so im going to a place. Just wondering what your observations were between the two.

Kevin, that is indeed a JF nozzle, not the "Jet-O-Vator" that is most commonly talked about.

Taylorman
    Kevin, that is indeed a JF nozzle, not the "Jet-O-Vator" that is most commonly talked about.
    Wow i never new that. You got a picture of the jet o vator?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast