Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hoover and Glenn Canyon Dams are impressive, but....

Ziggy
    Well thats one way not to need a trailer to jump lakes---Looks fun and interesting all at the same time

91nordic29
    which locks (sp?) are those?

RiverOtter
    which locks (sp?) are those?
    Watts Bar. I left Harbor Lights (Bass Bay) at 11:15 and we locked through Watts Bar, went to Oochie (sp?) Landing then up to Thief Neck Island and back. 150 Miles Round trip. And yes Ziggy, No Friggin Trailer

91nordic29
    Watts Bar. I left Harbor Lights (Bass Bay) at 11:15 and we locked through Watts Bar, went to Oochie (sp?) Landing then up to Thief Neck Island and back. 150 Miles Round trip. And yes Ziggy, No Friggin Trailer
    boy, would that be fun!!!

PHX ATC
    That looks cool. I know there's some in FL that have locks on them.
    That would be fun!!
    Thanks for the pictures.

RiverOtter
    boy, would that be fun!!!
    It was tons of fun. Saturday was a very rare 0% humidity and 80 degree day. No clouds or haze!! Just beautiful blue skys. I have several other pics that may look familiar to you that I'll post maybe tonight.

RiverOtter
    Do they open those locks for just anybody that wants passage? Seems like a lot of work to let a pleasure boat through. JMO YMMV NTTAWWT
    As long as commercial traffic is not locking through then you could lock through on a Sea Doo. I've seen it done. As you can see by that pic we were the only boat in the chamber. Oh yeah, it's free too.

Stupid Fast
    Locks are neat the frist few times......It is amazing to me that I can put in at my can along the Muskingum river in Ohio and get to New Orleans without pulling my boat out of the water, and if I was brave and had a little bigger boat I could theoreticly get to California by boat from my dock!
    I would like to take a river trip some day to New Orleans....Its on the wish list....one day...

RiverOtter
    Locks are neat the frist few times......It is amazing to me that I can put in at my can along the Muskingum river in Ohio and get to New Orleans without pulling my boat out of the water, and if I was brave and had a little bigger boat I could theoreticly get to California by boat from my dock!
    I would like to take a river trip some day to New Orleans....Its on the wish list....one day...
    I know several people that have left Knoxville or the Nooga and gone to the Florida Keys. Very cool. Takes a little money though

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast