Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hey ***boat - Is this site running slow or??

Is it just me or is this website running like a herd of snails since the upgrade. I can't get pages to load anywhere near what I'd call quickly anymore (on dsl). Anyone else experiencing this?

OGShocker
    Slow is slow....this is ***boat :argue:

Keithb87
    I thought it was just me... Someone got on my office comp last night and really messed it up. :burningm:

NorCalCat
    I'm on a T-1 and the snails are off. Much slower now. :idea:

Wally_Gator
    DS3 connection here and things are slow...

Yeah I just check several other websites and they're all running full speed. Definately a ***boat only issue here. Started right after the upgrade. So much for progress.
    I sent ***boat a PM about it...

lucky
    Is it just me or is this website running like a herd of snails since the upgrade. I can't get pages to load anywhere near what I'd call quickly anymore (on dsl). Anyone else experiencing this?
    lmao sry i cant help my self --- its as fast as your catalog satelight hear !!! aallllll is good

***boat
    Yes the site is currently running slow. The reason... Our bandwidth is almost completely maxed out. During peak hours the ***boat forums are pulling a steady 700 to 1300k per second of bandwidth. Last January we were doing 300gb of transfer per month, now we are at a steady 700gb per month of transfer.
    The solution is on its way.
    1. We are in the process of moving to a 3mb line (two T1 lines), and that will double our bandwidth.
    2. Within the next two days a new policy on images and spam in sig lines will be coming out, and we may have to reduce avatar size a little as well. Rough calculations show that the images in sig lines are responsible for up to 2gb of transfer per day by themselves.
    3. There might be some changes in the way the image center works. Medium resolution images might go away so there will only be thumbnails and full size images.
    -***boat

Froggystyle
    Yes the site is currently running slow. The reason... Our bandwidth is almost completely maxed out. During peak hours the ***boat forums are pulling a steady 700 to 1300k per second of bandwidth. Last January we were doing 300gb of transfer per month, now we are at a steady 700gb per month of transfer.
    The solution is on its way.
    1. We are in the process of moving to a 3mb line (two T1 lines), and that will double our bandwidth.
    2. Within the next two days a new policy on images and spam in sig lines will be coming out, and we may have to reduce avatar size a little as well. Rough calculations show that the images in sig lines are responsible for up to 2gb of transfer per day by themselves.
    3. There might be some changes in the way the image center works. Medium resolution images might go away so there will only be thumbnails and full size images.
    -***boat
    Good. Those pics in the sigs make it tough to read the forums anyway IMO. They are nice and all, but I don't know of a single big traffic forum that doesn't have serious controls over the recurring images (avatar and sig lines) with regard to size and format considerations.

***boat
    DS3 connection here and things are slow...
    ...Said the guy with the huge picture of a boat in his sig line.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast