Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Nfl Boycott

throwerb
    Hey Angelenos, it's time for us to stop giving the NFL our money,until they give us a team. We are still the largest retail buyer of NFL mechindise in the world. The Raiders have been number one in merch sales in the NFL for the last 5 years and over 41% of that is in LA. That doesn't even count the Dallas and 49er numbers. Think of the pressure that would be put on the NFL by retailers and wholesalers in this market. What do you say can you suck it up for a year and not buy their stuff, that old jersy and hat still look good anyway. WE NEED A TEAM!!!!

Some Kind Of Monster
    You need a team? I'll play. Where do I sign up?

Red Eye
    Sounds like a good idea, but what the hell our we going to watch for 16 weeks on Sunday & Monday in the fall?

Some Kind Of Monster
    Get out the chips and beer, We're watching queer eye!

Kilrtoy
    Screw the NFL and their players especially the COWBOYS

throwerb
    Screw the NFL and their players especially the COWBOYS
    Kilrtoy looks like I can count on you to boycott, I hate the Cowboys to, but my reason isn't as good as yours.

totenhosen
    IF you were an NFL owner would you want to want your team to play in any of the half-azz stadiums in LA? As long as the public will not support public funds for construction/renovation of a stadium it isn't going to happen. I agree, no public funds for it.

throwerb
    The city you and I live in has offered to refurbish the Rosebowl to get a team here and I don't know of any business, including the city of Pasadena that doesn't make money off having a team here. Look at Old Town any night the Bruins play here. And if the owners don't want to put a team here then let's motivate them buy not buying their crap.

eliminatedsprinter
    An NFL team is a business and if we haven't noticed already not many businesses (other than Walmart) are beating down the door to come here. Besides, I like it better without a team. It means better TV viewing of the games we are more likely to want to see. No Blackouts. WoooHooo.

totenhosen
    The city you and I live in has offered to refurbish the Rosebowl to get a team here and I don't know of any business, including the city of Pasadena that doesn't make money off having a team here. Look at Old Town any night the Bruins play here. And if the owners don't want to put a team here then let's motivate them buy not buying their crap.
    From what I remember reading is that the City fired that guy and was searching for a new marketing company trying to lure another team. Don't forgot the Linda Vista Home Owners Association will put up a huge fight to stop a team from playing at the Rose Bowl.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast