Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 61213141516

Thread: Trident Boats Engine #1

Taylorman
    More engine pictures and details please. Ive been following this thread for a while and its very informative.

Infomaniac
    My fault on any recent updates. Have been very busy.

welk2party
    Lets get some more updates info...dying to see the latest.

Froggystyle
    We can get pics on the latest, but what you can look forward to is engine #2 getting crated up with #1 in Info's cool daddy engine crates and shipped out here for the test and tune!
    One fired up Froggy

HighRoller
    I think you need a 522 N/A option for the "GirleyMen" who want an outdrive. BTW, any details on the exhaust you can share yet?

Infomaniac
    My fault for no updates. I will get it done as time permits.
    I did take pics but not in the detail of documenting the first one.
    The engine "pods" as us Okies call them are way cool.
    HR I cannot speak for Trident with 100% accuracy but the exhaust is as unique and high tech as any other part of the boat.
    As far as options?

I would suspect options will be at a minimum.
    Not to compare brands but: My experience with Cougar is. They will sell boats without power but they insist on rigging certain aspects of the boat. And for Gel coat schemes, Cougar will not do a scheme that they feel is unattractive. Regardless of how much money you have.
    My point being, Cougar will not sell a boat that has the potential of ill handling or looking like crap. As a result, they can tell you where most of their boats are. just ask them where the fastest v-drive Cougar tunnel is.
    Trident will keep close control of many of the important characteristics of their boats.
    Wes will speak up if I am Mistaken about any of these details.

Infomaniac
    I have been behind posting the Trident engine build. Here is a little that will catch up some.
    Getting ready to send two engines to Trident. Will dyno them with the blower and fuel injection systems in a few weeks at Gary Teague's place.
    I wanted to warm them up, leak check and retorque everything before shipping. I do not have the blower, valve covers, ignition or fuel systems that will be installed on them in the boat so I warmed them up N/A with some stuff I had lying around.
    They will have custom valve covers, A Whipple intercooled 3.3 and MEFI 4 based EFI system. What is on it in the video will do just to get some heat in it so I can look things over.
    Ran the water hose to a "Y" valve and used a 160 degree thermostat. When the thermostat opens it just duimps out at a #8 hose rate.
    Pretty nasty sounding 7.7:1 family boat engine. The blower will smooth it out a bit. Maybe I cheated a little with the fuel mixture to make it sound healthier? Nah !!
    Warm up video (http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...t1_Warm_Up.wmv)

Froggystyle
    My fault for no updates. I will get it done as time permits.
    I did take pics but not in the detail of documenting the first one.
    The engine "pods" as us Okies call them are way cool.
    HR I cannot speak for Trident with 100% accuracy but the exhaust is as unique and high tech as any other part of the boat.
    As far as options?

I would suspect options will be at a minimum.
    Not to compare brands but: My experience with Cougar is. They will sell boats without power but they insist on rigging certain aspects of the boat. And for Gel coat schemes, Cougar will not do a scheme that they feel is unattractive. Regardless of how much money you have.
    My point being, Cougar will not sell a boat that has the potential of ill handling or looking like crap. As a result, they can tell you where most of their boats are. just ask them where the fastest v-drive Cougar tunnel is.
    Trident will keep close control of many of the important characteristics of their boats.
    Wes will speak up if I am Mistaken about any of these details.
    Couldn't have said it any better.
    Most people don't have the experience or the ability to step back and see the life of the boat laid out in front of them, including the inevitable re-sale. An ugly, or underpowered boat will drag down the overall value and perception of the entire fleet. I won't let that happen from the factory.
    And High Roller... ride in a dual drive and the last thing you will be thinking about is how to get an I/O version...

HighRoller
    Don't worry, Wes. My comment was in pure jest. I was referring to those "Girley Men" who feel insecure without a propeller on the back of their rig.

Infomaniac
    Well the warm up video is on this page just a few posts above.
    Trying to put closure to my part of this build thread. Maybe there still might be some discussion.
    If you have ever wondered if an engine would just flip right over if you started it up on a portable roll around stand. The answer is NO.
    http://www.riverratlife.com/uploads/info/test1.jpg
    The Marine Assault "Shipping Pods" The engine sits right in the insert. Strap it in and set the lid on. Reuse them until the trucking lines trash them up.
    http://www.riverratlife.com/uploads/info/pod1.jpg
    http://www.riverratlife.com/uploads/info/pod2.jpg
    http://www.riverratlife.com/uploads/info/pod3.jpg

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 61213141516