Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Calling ***boat

Huckleberry
    There are now at least three threads on the Havasu Marina issues. Is it possible to combine the three of them into one thread for consistency and maybe make it a sticky? This way everything stays in one place and not scattered all over the place.
    Anyone else agree?

Scream
    Honestly, because it deals with a potentially inflamitory subject and has brought out several threats of action as well as tons of innuendo, I don't think you'll get it to be a sticky. But as long as you don't ask for a "Havasu Marina" discussion group added I guess that'll be ok...LOL

Dr. Eagle
    Honestly, because it deals with a potentially inflamitory subject and has brought out several threats of action as well as tons of innuendo, I don't think you'll get it to be a sticky. But as long as you don't ask for a "Havasu Marina" discussion group added I guess that'll be ok...LOL
    Not to mention it only tells one side... now if you could get psycho to respond......

Scream
    Not to mention it only tells one side... now if you could get psycho to respond......
    Now that would be a thread to save...What a whack..

Dr. Eagle
    Now that would be a thread to save...What a whack..
    Could have true entertainment potential... :idea:

Essex502
    The Havasu Marina issue is a serious issue to all boaters on this website who travel to Lake Havasu City and I for one agree that it should be sticky. This is an ideal subject for one. The facts are well known and publicized in the havasunews.com site (see August 9, 2004 or search news archives or the link below) and are NOT in dispute. The Marina managment's posting and PUBLIC comment to the reporter that they we going to enforce a STRICKER standard for our boat's noise than the Arizona laws require is serious. As "hot boat" owners we ALL ARE AFFECTED BY THIS ARBITRARY plan to reduce the noise in the Marina. What better topic that affects most of us than this?
    As reported: "However, Arizona law still calls for a distance of 50 feet, and Bekkedahl said his staff would measure noise from directly behind a suspicious boat. He said he doesn't have the luxury to measure from 50 feet away with several boats potentially in the same area."
    http://www.havasunews.com/articles/2...ews/news02.txt

Dr. Eagle
    The Havasu Marina issue is a serious issue to all boaters on this website who travel to Lake Havasu City and I for one agree that it should be sticky. This is an ideal subject for one. The facts are well known and publicized in the havasunews.com site (see August 9, 2004 or search news archives or the link below) and are NOT in dispute. The Marina managment's posting and PUBLIC comment to the reporter that they we going to enforce a STRICKER standard for our boat's noise than the Arizona laws require is serious. As "hot boat" owners we ALL ARE AFFECTED BY THIS ARBITRARY plan to reduce the noise in the Marina. What better topic that affects most of us than this?
    As reported: "However, Arizona law still calls for a distance of 50 feet, and Bekkedahl said his staff would measure noise from directly behind a suspicious boat. He said he doesn't have the luxury to measure from 50 feet away with several boats potentially in the same area."
    http://www.havasunews.com/articles/2...ews/news02.txt
    I agree it is a big issue for the hot boating community, but I have four words of wisdom...
    Vote with your feet.
    Nothing will get their attention faster than loss of business.

Huckleberry
    Doc,
    i agree with voting with your feet, but this is a unique case. LHM is truly the nicest facility on the lake, and by far the easiest to use for those with larger boats and long rigs. Yes, Windsor is not too bad, but it is a biotch to back in when you have a long tow rig and get UGLY if the winds blow from the north or when a storm rolls in. Site 6 is out of the question.
    Not to mention that this guy is basically playing boatcop from his little office on the dock and is arbitrarily setting the rules based upon how he feels on any given day.

OGShocker
    Can I respond for Jeff?
    On behalf of the Marina I would like to say.
    Shut it down! You GD POS! I rule the World you focking fockers!
    Thank you for your time.

Essex502
    Doc,
    i agree with voting with your feet, but this is a unique case. LHM is truly the nicest facility on the lake, and by far the easiest to use for those with larger boats and long rigs. Yes, Windsor is not too bad, but it is a biotch to back in when you have a long tow rig and get UGLY if the winds blow from the north or when a storm rolls in. Site 6 is out of the question.
    Not to mention that this guy is basically playing boatcop from his little office on the dock and is arbitrarily setting the rules based upon how he feels on any given day.
    Totally agree...Windsor is bumpy on any weekend except in the winter. Most of the rental pontoon boats launch from there as well and the rental drivers usually have little experience in the proper operation of what they're floating on. I have been hit by a pontoon boat that did several hundred dollars of damage to my gelcoat and do't want to repeat that. Also, the Marina is great for those wives/girlfriends/friends who are not yet the best at backing the trailer into the water since it is very wide and has a long ramp. It truly is a very nice facility but run by an a$$hole.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast