Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: California Performance Boats

Heatseeker
    Does anyone know if California Performance is still in business? If so, do they have a web site?
    Any info is appreciated.
    Thanks,
    John

custom-cruiser
    I talked to Bill Scotton a few months ago and he was going strong! http://free.***boat.net/ubb/biggrin.gif His phone # is (702)523-4808 I dont know about a web site...
    Cruise

Heatseeker
    Thanks c-c. I'll give Mr. Scotton a call.

wrightnow
    I just spoke to Bill Scotten this weekend and he is still building boats (CP). Are you looking for a CP I love mine and bill has been great.
    http://wsphotofews.excite.com/028/Vi/Oh/c2/wB86660.jpg
    [This message has been edited by wrightnow (edited September 27, 2001).]

wrightnow,
    everytime I see a pic of your boat posted, I keep meaning to tell you how much I like it. Love one color boats. Thinking of doing the same with my Spectra. All red, with white interior. Used to be a guy running on the river that did the same but I think it was a 21 Hallett. This was about 15 years ago and his boat was featured in hot boat once. The only thing I'd do to yours would be a cap job to get rid of the molding with the rubber insert. That's just me.
    Anyway...nice boat.
    Where are you in LB? We live there too. Over by Woodruff and Los Coyotes diagonal.
    [This message has been edited by old rigger (edited September 28, 2001).]

squirt
    Hey heatseeker are you thinking of changing hulls? With all this talk of tunnels and air entrapment hulls it has got me to thinking too. I think I'm going to stay with mine for now and see what I can do. I want to stay reliable but I need more hp to make it go faster. I'm thinking we all need to flood LV with hull, pump, rpm, hp, info and see what shakes out from that to get more mph. Wonder if he's gonna start demanding payments

Chestah Cheetah
    Originally posted by old rigger:
    Thinking of doing the same with my Spectra. All red, with white interior.
    OldRigger, that sounds like it's gonna be one hell of a looker. Especially in that hull. Make sure to post pictures.

wrightnow
    Old rigger - that for the good words about the boat. It was a project that brought my two boys and I very close. Something we have come to enjoy as a family.
    PS we are very close Bellflower and sterns. We should get together for a few beers. E-mail your number.
    [This message has been edited by wrightnow (edited September 28, 2001).]

Heatseeker
    Squirt,
    I am not thinking of changing hulls(yet!). I've got the two bildge rats(I think you met my son at Tower Park. Don't you have the black and blue Bahner?), and they are still a bit small for the 'big numbers'. Right now, I'd like to have a hull like yours.
    I'm looking for a buddy who claims he saw a CP open bow, similar to a gull wing. According to him, he was told he could buy a one new, minus engine, for around $18k. He asked me to check it out.
    Take it easy,
    John

Heatseeker,
    When I was GM at Advantage I remember doing one (maybe 2)open bow CPs. (Advantage builds the hulls for Bill). Not to roomy up there with that bottom design.
    His boats are so nice set up the way he builds them, I always thought it was a crime to cut one of those decks up. In my crappy opinion, it killed the looks of the boat.
    Fastest boat I've ever been in was one of his down in Blythe. Guy was runnin' a Littlefield huffer on it. What a rush.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast