Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: When do you draw the line...

Phat Matt
    ...of working too much?
    I just got home from one of my promotions and still have too much work to do before tomorrow. I will probably be up all night before I have to go back into the office so I can get things done. I feel like I need to clone myself so I don't leave money on the table. I am completely motivated by money so it is hard for me to stop working if I know I can make more. But at what point do you tell yourself stop? Even if I tried to go to sleep right now (3:40am) I wouldn't be able to because I would be thinking about what I need to get done.
    I gotta get back to work! :messedup: :mix:
    At least the cat is up with me.

Stupid Fast
    I think you may have crossed it....... :supp:
    I know how you feel. I don't know your buisness is but mine is feast of famine. I am either swamped or I am twirling my thumbs.....(more swamped lately). Tough call.....

JetBoatRich
    You have the right motivation :squiggle: some times you have to say WTF the work is not going any place and will be there when you return :notam:
    If possible walk away and get it done when you return

spectratoad
    If this is a daily ritual and your wife and kids are wondering if you are part of the package any longer, or the boat sits there collecting dust then maybe you have crossed. I guess it is up to your wife to tell you sometimes.
    Me I am not motivated enough to be self employed. I would love to be but at least I admit it now rather than try it and lose everything. But I am not one to stay at work late to get something done. It will still be there tomorrow; however, if it is imperitive that it gets done I am in until completion.
    Tough call though. :hammerhea

Kachina26
    BEFORE the wife says you have crossed it. Once she has it will be tough to not only back off but everytime you need to do more she will wonder if it's gonna happen again. Tough call, that's one good thing about my 8-5 gig.

NashvilleBound
    If you have put money before your family..firends..you values..you've crossed the line. Your living to work, where you should be working to LIVE!

Garrddogg
    If you ask, you've prolly crossed it..I knew the good job was comming,she said enough,I said wait,she said BYE! a month later I got the better job..
    one word,
    BALANCE. :wink:

PHX ATC
    What good is the money you get from working all those hours if you can't spend it with your family?
    Work to live, not live to work.
    Still give it 110%, but throttle back on ocassion to spend some quality time with your family. And yourself. :shift:

shockwavebd
    Work to live, not live to work.
    key phrase there toby.................. :220v:

Scream
    You whiner, get back to work...j/k
    Matt, if your work is getting in the way of life, you need to move on, but if this is just occasional, you're still young enough to handle the extra load. As long as you and Jen and Buddy don't suffer from the extra hours/days then take the money. My dad always said "Make hay while the sun shines" because there will come a time when it's not so sunny any more. If you do decide to move on, there are always good jobs for self starters like yourself, so don't ever worry about finding another job.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast