Thread: Someone I know(sort of) contracted West Nile

fourspeednup
    Just found out that the lady who checks boats at the private ramp at Willow Valley marina is one of only a few AZ residents to have contracted the virus and is quite ill. :frown:
    I spoke to a friend who was out there last week and had heard the news from the lady's husband. Apparently she had been bitten on a Wednesday, began experiencing cold-like symptoms on Friday, and became quite ill that weekend. As of last weekend she was in the Kingman hospital paralyzed from the waist down. :frown:
    I don't know her personally but for the last 2 summer's she has been there every day that I've launched a boat. Always incredibly pleasant even in 120* weather and working in the high stress environment of the launch ramp. While some of the other employees of the community are completely useless, inbred, retards.....she would always make sure that I could get in the water even if I hadn't received the correct sticker/permit from said useless retards and she'd always do it with a smile on her face.
    Now for the worst part. Her husband contacted AZ officials after it was confirmed to be west Nile in hopes of having the grounds sprayed for mosquitos. Apparently they told him to go pound sand and that there was nothing they could do, it was a rogue mosquito, 1 in a million chance, blah, blah, blah...
    Pretty lame if you ask me
    I'm heading out there in 5 hours and would love to print out this thread and show her husband what kind of support and sympathy the online boating community has toward their plight.
    Thanks for taking the time to read this
    -Zack (aka fourspeednup)

Kachina26
    She is in my thoughts and prayers, get well soon.

MRS FLYIN VEE
    This is a very sad story.. but she and her family and friends are in our prayers in hope for a speedy recovery and to help ease her pain through this ordeal.. We hope everything turns around for her and she is going to be o.k..
    God Bless.. :smile:
    charmaine and Jamie..

Racer277
    We'll pray for her recovery.
    R277

PlyaPlya22
    God Bless her and her family. Praying for a speedy recovery.

MRS FLYIN VEE
    fourspeednup.. I think you should put this in the sandbar also.. you'll get more reviews from it and she needs alot of prayers..