Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bad Wreck In New Jersey!!!!

DansBlown73Nordic
    Im on Rt 287 yesturday around noon. I come up on this wreck on the other side of the highway. This Jeep Wrangler was completly under the front of a tractor trailer. :jawdrop: I mean the hole truck was five feet up in the air with the steer axle on the roof. The really strange part was the roof wasn't crushed at all. The windshield wasn't even broke. :idea:
    It looked like the driver just opened the door and got out.
    Of course I didn't have my trusty dig. camera... :eat:

Havasu Hangin'
    Dan- when I was very young, I used to ride with my dad on some shorter trips (he was a truck driver).
    One time, on the way into Phoenix (at 11:00PM or so), a guy pulled out in front of us. Long story short, we ran up on the car (it was a big Olds and we were doing 65MPH or so). It took us a long time to get slowed down, and we had no steering (because we were on top of the car)....sparks flying everywhere...we ended up in the ditch.
    We got the truck off, and only had a broken headlight and some chrome damage on the bumper. The car was a pancake.
    Those (drunk) guys were very lucky...they lived. They were in the front seat, and our front bumper was right up against their necks.
    That's my one and only truck story.

MagicMtnDan
    I was on Route 80 in New Jersey one night and there was lots of snow. I looked over to see a tractor trailer and something didn't look right. I did a double-take to make sure what I saw was real. The tractor trailer had "collected" a small car and was pushing it down the freeway sideways! It was sideways against the trucks front bumper and the driver was in the car horrified! The truck driver couldn't see the car and had no idea it was there. I honked and honked to get his attention - I was afraid the car would catch a tire or two and roll in front of the truck. Guess the snow kept that from happening...

DansBlown73Nordic
    I have seen all kinds of stuff in my nine years driving truck. People don't realize that 80,000 pounds won't stop just because they pull out in front of you. :hammer2:

Backtanner
    I was on Route 80 in New Jersey one night and there was lots of snow. I looked over to see a tractor trailer and something didn't look right. I did a double-take to make sure what I saw was real. The tractor trailer had "collected" a small car and was pushing it down the freeway sideways! It was sideways against the trucks front bumper and the driver was in the car horrified! The truck driver couldn't see the car and had no idea it was there. I honked and honked to get his attention - I was afraid the car would catch a tire or two and roll in front of the truck. Guess the snow kept that from happening...
    The things some people will do save a little gas!

Kilrtoy
    Lucky to be alive!
    Unlike the accident I was at yesterday.
    A 91 year old woman at around 55mph ran a red light and cremed a newer honda accord drivers side. The poor woman never knew what hit her. The whole side of the drivers side was non existent. i fel bad for that whole family, That old woman never should have been driving....

KACHINA KEN
    Here is some info on the horrific I 10 wreck, I passed this coming home the next morning from L.A. way messed up scene. 10 semis 1 bus and a few cars.
    http://www.azcentral.com/news/articl...esponders.html

Kachina26
    Lucky to be alive!
    Unlike the accident I was at yesterday.
    A 91 year old woman at around 55mph ran a red light and cremed a newer honda accord drivers side. The poor woman never knew what hit her. The whole side of the drivers side was non existent. i fel bad for that whole family, That old woman never should have been driving....
    Thanx AARP!!!! Now if only more of us young people would vote, our opinions would count as much as the blue hairs.

AZKC
    Yeah that was a bad one, dust storms during the monsoons in that area are deadly every year it seems.

***boat
    *** Note do not follow this link if you have a weak stomach. After I saw this I remembered why I move quickly when crossing the street (not just out of common courtisy)
    http://www.ulrp.com/photos/accident/...s/carwreck.mpg

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast