Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 34' Magic Sorcerer

CarolinaHawk
    I'm considering purchasing a 2005 34' Magic Sorcerer. Anybody know anything about this boat? Getting a solid price. It's a 1993 mold, but reviews seem good. Don Aronow design. Twin 496 HO's w/ XR Drives. Magic claims 75-78 mph. Your thoughts?

bohica
    I've owned 2 34' Magics in the past. Great boat, traditional deep v handles like a boat should. Those speeds sound about right. I had one with 454 Mags. that did around 70 mph. Will handle the rough water with ease. What kind of pricing are you getting?

Havasu Cig
    Bohica would know better that I, but I think those speeds with that power seems a bit high. I think that boat is a straight bottom and I would guess speeds in the low 70's. What is the weight of the boat?

SoCalOffshore
    i would be curious to know the price as well. Before I picked an older design i would do allot of research. Not only price but resale value.

Keith E. Sayre
    I sold several of them a few years ago. Ron and I actually GPS'd a brand new
    one with 496HO's with an open bow in perfect water for that boat and it ran
    76.1 mph with 2 of us in it and no gas or junk. Now, if you figure in that it
    is a 1993 boat that you're looking at, it probably has a closed bow, it'll pick
    up about 3 mph for the closed bow but might lose a mph or 2 due to the
    fact that it is older and heavier? Bohica knows better than the rest of us
    having had 2 but I'd say 75 is a decent number on a perfect day without
    anything in the boat. I have an old video of me riding in one with Ken Brown
    driving it (closed bow) in 1994 and it ran 74 mph with 415hp 502's-- empty in perfect conditions. Also shows him shutting off one engine and us continuing on with only one motor at 49 mph!! I've got it on film!
    Great rough water bottom but some of the newer ones are as good and faster. What is the price?
    Keith Sayre
    Conquest Boats

bohica
    I think he's buying a new boat, and only referring that the mold has been around since 93.
    I do know the newer boats built after Sleekcraft took over are a little nicer than the old ones built by Ken. Don't let the sales pitch of turning off one motor and still be able to keep it on plane fool you. It might stay on plane, but you'll never be able to get it to plane on one motor. :wink:

SoCalOffshore
    I think he's buying a new boat, and only referring that the mold has been around since 93.
    I do know the newer boats built after Sleekcraft took over are a little nicer than the old ones built by Ken. Don't let the sales pitch of turning off one motor and still be able to keep it on plane fool you. It might stay on plane, but you'll never be able to get it to plane on one motor. :wink:
    Love that Schiada 21 RC Keith!

CarolinaHawk
    I bought the boat!! Just breaking it in but it feels like a mid 70's boat. It handles unbelievably. I have no complaints and the service I'm getting from Magic is top notch. The boat is perfect. It was a long but fruitful buying process. 8-10 builders and 6 weeks of looking paid off. Thanks for all your input.

CAHotRodBoy
    Don Aronow design. Your thoughts?
    Congrats on your purchase, hope you enjoy it! I don't think this is true, though.

Quality Time
    If I'm not mistaken it is an Arronow hull.
    Congrats in the new ride.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast