Thread: Location of Hull Id./VIN??

Brian Ray
    I have a '75 Eliminator daycruiser and I was curious as to where I might find the VIN?? Does anyone know?? It's not on the transom anywhere....or at least that I can see.
    -Brian

ORSpectra20

LakesOnly
    Normally on rear transom, to the starboard or dead center. 1972-up.
    If you boat is a repaint, it may have been filled.
    LO

dave186
    what about pre 72? my southwind is a 71, and i cant find a HIN number on it anywhere, i dont think it has one. i know it hasnt been repainted or gelled.

Brian Ray
    I believe it's the original paint....no HIN's anywhere on the transom. I've looked everywhere.

Spectra19
    what about pre 72? my southwind is a 71, and i cant find a HIN number on it anywhere, i dont think it has one. i know it hasnt been repainted or gelled.
    Vessels made before 72 were not req. to have a HIN. After 72 it was req. and should be on the right side of the transom above the water line. Am re doing the gel on mine and talked with motor vehicles about it because they are going to be filled in with the new gel. They told me just re do the numbers and gave me a sheet that explains how big and where they should go.

LakesOnly
    Check with manufacturer of other owners of same boat/same year that may have found their HIN.
    LO